TERMINATOR Cyberthread

Started by ShadowPred, Feb 12, 2010, 12:02:24 AM

Author
TERMINATOR Cyberthread (Read 685,253 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Kradan

Kradan

Exactly

Vertigo

Vertigo

Hnngh, that intro is so epic. Saw it in the cinema a few years ago.... if you ever get a similar opportunity, do not miss it.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Vertigo on Feb 22, 2019, 11:15:05 AM
Hnngh, that intro is so epic. Saw it in the cinema a few years ago.... if you ever get a similar opportunity, do not miss it.

I missed opportunity to see T2 3D version. How i can live longer knowing that?  :'( :'( :'(

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 22, 2019, 11:04:31 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 22, 2019, 04:11:33 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 22, 2019, 04:03:55 AM
I think the fact that the Terminator is introduced brutally murdering a guy while Reese merely steals some really nasty looking pants is a dead giveaway as to who the bad guy is.
It just shows that at least one of them is bad - we don't know what Reese wants until Tech Noir, and he spends the movie up to that point being pretty shady and dangerous in his own right.

Didn't we know exactly from the start of the movie that machines from future are bad and that humans are good? I mean that text scene about nuclear war and etc. Reese seems to be dangerous from Sarah's POV but not viewer's POV
The thing is, we don't know what's up with either of them until the Tech Noir shootout - we don't even know the Terminator isn't human.

SiL

SiL

Assuming we didn't look at any of the advertisement. Or the poster :P

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 22, 2019, 12:15:36 PM
I think the fact that the Terminator is introduced brutally murdering a guy while Reese merely steals some really nasty looking pants is a dead giveaway as to who the bad guy is.
It just shows that at least one of them is bad - we don't know what Reese wants until Tech Noir, and he spends the movie up to that point being pretty shady and dangerous in his own right.

Didn't we know exactly from the start of the movie that machines from future are bad and that humans are good? I mean that text scene about nuclear war and etc. Reese seems to be dangerous from Sarah's POV but not viewer's POV
The thing is, we don't know what's up with either of them until the Tech Noir shootout - we don't even know the Terminator isn't human.
Really? The Terminator going around the neighborhood shooting Sarah Conners wasn't a dead give away? Or blowing away the gunshop owner, or killing the punks?

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Quote from: First Blood on Feb 22, 2019, 02:15:02 PM

Really? The Terminator going around the neighborhood shooting Sarah Conners wasn't a dead give away? Or blowing away the gunshop owner, or killing the punks?

Exposition-wise, there were too many obvious differences for a real "plot twist" as to who was the terminator of the two. The second movie did it beautifully, though.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Feb 22, 2019, 12:19:30 PM
Assuming we didn't look at any of the advertisement. Or the poster :P
....that was my point, that the marketing ruined what was otherwise an interesting twist (and that the marketing has done so for every Terminator movie except for perhaps T3).

Quote from: First Blood on Feb 22, 2019, 02:15:02 PM

I'm not debating that the audience knows Arnold is a bad guy, I'm saying they don't know what shady, creepy-stalker Kyle Reese's deal is.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 22, 2019, 07:17:56 PM
I'm not debating that the audience knows Arnold is a bad guy, I'm saying they don't know what shady, creepy-stalker Kyle Reese's deal is.

I tend to agree with this. In the Tech Noir scene, Reese is shot in quite a threatening manner - it does look like he's hunting her too...  As Xenomorph says, I don't think we know what is deal is even as he's pulling out the shotgun.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The second film does a great job of portraying Arnold as the villain and Patrick as the probable hero until they actually meet.

Although as I understand it, any potential ambiguity was completely ruined be the marketing at the time lol.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Russ on Feb 25, 2019, 09:37:54 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 22, 2019, 07:17:56 PM

I tend to agree with this. In the Tech Noir scene, Reese is shot in quite a threatening manner - it does look like he's hunting her too...  As Xenomorph says, I don't think we know what is deal is even as he's pulling out the shotgun.

Yeah near and inside the Tech-Noir, Reese is presented as a creepy stalker.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 25, 2019, 12:32:22 PM
The second film does a great job of portraying Arnold as the villain and Patrick as the probable hero until they actually meet.

Although as I understand it, any potential ambiguity was completely ruined be the marketing at the time lol.
That's pretty much been my whole thesis - every Terminator movie has had interesting plot revelations ruined by the marketing.

Huggs

Huggs

I read this and saw Patrick star for some reason.  :laugh:

Kradan

Kradan

I slightly doubt this. You, know the second sent in the past T-800 unlike the first one (who just tore punk's heart out of his chest) didn't kill but only injured people at the bar in beggining. And then he had walked out and that not-creepy-at-all music started to play doing not really good job portraying him as evil but definitely as "super cool".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed