TERMINATOR Cyberthread

Started by ShadowPred, Feb 12, 2010, 12:02:24 AM

Author
TERMINATOR Cyberthread (Read 674,682 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 20, 2019, 10:02:46 PM
Is there anybody who likes T3? I do.

I like parts of it, for sure. The ending in particular.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The ending of T3 is really damn good, shame about the rest of it.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 20, 2019, 10:10:15 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 23, 2018, 07:47:02 PM
Terminator movies post-JD aren't even interesting bad. They're just bland garbage.

At least the weaker post Trilogy Alien entries (barring the AVP films of course) are all conceptually interesting.

Indeed. It's funny how the first terminator with its limited resources and technology still kicks the stuffing out of the others. All the money and special effects in the world cannot compensate for poor writing and bad acting.

Given the promotional image seen above, I can't tell if they're advertising for FTWD, Starbucks or a cosmetics company.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 20, 2019, 10:02:46 PMIs there anybody who likes T3? I do.

I'd like it a hell of a lot more if it wasn't just a weak remake of the second film with none of the soul.

The worst thing a film can do is have you constantly wishing you were watching another, better movie, and that's what T3 does for me.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Shasvre on Mar 20, 2019, 10:13:03 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Mar 20, 2019, 10:02:46 PM
Is there anybody who likes T3? I do.

I like parts of it, for sure. The ending in particular.

Yeah, when a naked beefcake Terminator steals the clothes of a male stripper, whilst Macho Man by the Village People is playing in the background, the franchise peaked.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Yeah T3 is just the pits for me. Still would take it over Salvation, but both are souless imo. :-\

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Thinking about it, of the post-T2 sequels, I'm pretty sure Salvation is the only one I've ever watched more than once. It's not great, but it's at least different enough in its intentions that I can enjoy it for what it is.

The Old One

The Old One

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

T3 had a good final act that somewhat redeemed how uninspired the rest was. Salvation had some cool ideas and some great visuals, but I'm still baffled by how poor the script was. Genisys was trash once the opening future and 1984 scenes were over. TSCC was a breath of fresh air, but I fault the writers for wasting too much time spinning their wheels before it got really interesting. May not have gotten cancelled if they'd had that twist come sooner.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 21, 2019, 03:19:41 PM
Genisys was trash once the opening future and 1984 scenes were over.

Yup. I pretty much enjoyed the first 30 mins. The future, alternate 1984, all of that was excellent. But the minute the movie moves to 2017, the film nosedives.

Russ

Russ

I liked Genesys...

I'll get my coat.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Russ on Mar 21, 2019, 04:04:56 PM
I liked Genesys...

I'll get my coat.

Me too brother.

1. The Terminator
2. T2

6. Terminator Genisys

9. Terminator 3 ROTM
10. Terminator Salvation

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Ah what Salvation could have been...
Was the war against the machines like we saw it in the flashbacks too much to ask?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Firstly, people are entirely entitled to their opinion and I honestly don't begrudge anyone for liking Genisys.

But that film was hands down the single worst entry in any big budget franchise that I've ever seen.

It didn't even make any sense in and of itself, let alone when you tried to consider it alongside the other movies it was trying so hard to tie into.

EDIT: I've just realised, AVP:R exists. Honestly not sure which was the biggest shitcake.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: Voodoo MagicMe too brother.

It's good not to be alone *lol*

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 21, 2019, 04:32:18 PM
Honestly not sure which was the biggest shitcake.

Dude - at least Genesys had some levity and some cool 80s flashbacks with young Arnold. No one's saying its a work of genius and it was really irritating that the terminator was called "Pops"...

....but you can't put it down there with AvP:R... that's cruel and frankly unnecessary defamation!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed