Its the E3 Demo ?

Started by yaji, Feb 04, 2010, 09:00:28 PM

Author
Its the E3 Demo ? (Read 5,821 times)

Serial

Serial

Why would this be an old build of the game?

If it was as old as you say, (10 months?), who in the right mind would release a build that old to DEMOnstrate the game to potential buyers? The game has only been in development for about TWO years!

It almost seems to me like you are now just trying to delude yourself into thinking that the final version will be drastically different from the demo to the point that they don't even resemble each other. The point of a demo is to show what the retail version of the game will be like and convince people to buy it, right?  ::)

VainApocalypse

VainApocalypse

Quote from: Tomar on Feb 05, 2010, 10:05:44 PM
Well whether it is an old demo or a new build does not matter as the game has not changed anything from what I have already told you all ;).

The Predator feels very unpredator like and will certainly be NOT on a competitive level with the rest.

You're kidding, right? Give the pred a disc and at least passable melee skills and he'll come out on top every time. I've won game after game with the predator.

Furthermore this god d**n demo did delete itself over my god d**n steam account.

Steam is the biggest s**t I have ever seen and thats why I ONLY trust the good old fashioned way of having a windows installer package like it was in the old days of AvP 2s MP demo!

Edit: We are way too much dependent on those platforms and valves STEAM is something I rightfully did not trust as I know can NOT play this game anymore! ! !

Errors happen, but for the most part, Steam is an excellent application and an excellent service. They regularly patch it to resolve issues like this. Try talking to Steam's customer support; they'll straighten it out for you.

InfestedGoat

InfestedGoat

Well whether it is an old demo or a new build does not matter as the game has not changed anything from what I have already told you all ;).

The Predator feels very unpredator like and will certainly be NOT on a competitive level with the rest.

Furthermore this god d**n demo did delete itself over my god d**n steam account.

Steam is the biggest s**t I have ever seen and thats why I ONLY trust the good old fashioned way of having a windows installer package like it was in the old days of AvP 2s MP demo!

Edit: We are way too much dependent on those platforms and valves STEAM is something I rightfully did not trust as I know can NOT play this game anymore! ! !

Sir calm down. It's just making you look childish. And i don't think steam deletes games off your hard drive. Perhaps you have a virus, or don't know what your doing and deleted it. If it IS deleted (check in ur C:/Program files/steam/steamapps/user/common and see if your game is there. If it is, theres something wrong with your computer. If not, reinstall it. It's a free demo...

Also, if u don't trust downloading it so much. go out and buy the disc, then you wont have to download it, just log on through steam.

nico_celtic

nico_celtic

Quote from: Serial on Feb 05, 2010, 10:11:08 PM

If it was as old as you say, (10 months?), who in the right mind would release a build that old to DEMOnstrate the game to potential buyers? The game has only been in development for about TWO years!

It almost seems to me like you are now just trying to delude yourself into thinking that the final version will be drastically different from the demo to the point that they don't even resemble each other. The point of a demo is to show what the retail version of the game will be like and convince people to buy it, right?  ::)

I dont think that the game will be different,no not at all.Its just what i have seen.Like i saids its a recent code but i found it very similar with the E3 demo,thats all.

Ferazel

Ferazel

Quote from: ajm on Feb 04, 2010, 11:03:24 PM
These are the basic wrist blades.  As you go up through the ranking system you get to unlock new skins.

It's recent code.

Thank you for confirming this is recent code. This is also a rumor that is propagating through the steam forums as well. I think it's just something that the fan boys can throw back at the haters.

A suggestion that is now too late to matter, but it would have been wise to probably put a disclaimer with the "DX9" and "Unfinished code" screens that dedicated servers would be included in the final PC version. It seems a LOT of people are upset about this only because they are ignorant that this is a demo limitation.

InfestedGoat

InfestedGoat

Quote from: nico_celtic on Feb 05, 2010, 10:14:20 PM
Quote from: Serial on Feb 05, 2010, 10:11:08 PM

I dont think that the game will be different,no not at all.Its just what i have seen.Like i saids its a recent code but i found it very similar with the E3 demo,thats all.

I know someone who isn't in the computer industry!

Xhan

Xhan

Rebellion hasn't commented in any way shape or form that I've seen on what build the demo is, now would they need to... kinda being that that's what a DEMO is about...

gloatingdazz

gloatingdazz

im actually unsure of the build aswell, in the demo the preds hands are much fatter just like the e3 demo whereas the newer vids preds hands are slender, i think this is really early code same goes for the wristblades, i dont think wristblades will chnge depending on ur skin just compare hands on the demo to the newest pred gameplay vids

UltimateBadass

UltimateBadass

Did you guys read the previous pages? Alex Moore confirmed that the demo is a recent build.

InfestedGoat

InfestedGoat

Can someone lock this thread, they're getting the answer straight from the horses mouth, and they still think it is an older build. >_<

nico_celtic

nico_celtic

YEAH its a recent build but it seems old thats all.I am not saying its old.

piet11111

piet11111

why not delete the nonsense posts to preserve the thread ?

UltimateBadass

UltimateBadass

They should just lock it.

Proj2501

Proj2501

Man. Some people are just in denial. The DEMOnstrate guy had me lol'ing.

Game needs polish. I like it for sure but I have to call a spade a spade.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

The Rebellion employee confirmed it's recent code. Quite how recent, compared to what's being burned on the retail version, who knows? But definitely not the E3 version.

Remember, this one's being forced to run on DX 9, for whatever reason.

This thread's now locked.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed