"Enter Vent" and "Transition" as an Alien

Started by VEF214, Jan 21, 2010, 02:04:18 PM

Author
"Enter Vent" and "Transition" as an Alien (Read 16,572 times)

MadassAlex

Quote from: Eidotemit on Jan 23, 2010, 09:01:41 PM
In the past maybe, but they were able to top the boards here.

It's a good point.

Open, dark environments with lots of cover lend themselves well to the Alien, since it can attack from unpredictable angles. On the other hand, corridor-laden maps are much more forgiving towards the Marines, considering that assailants only have two or three options in terms of attack route.

l3awl3ag

Quote from: thrown_hammer on Jan 23, 2010, 10:33:18 PM
I don't have a problem with the "enter vent" button, but the "transistion" button concerns me. I used to really enjoy corkscrewing down hallways.
I saw someone do that in one of the alien videos. It was a complete corkscrew mind you, but the player didn't seem to have and trouble with it.

The player went from ceiling, to wall, to floor in what looked like one smooth movement. And then mauled a civillian.

Giger_Incubator

Quote from: l3awl3ag on Jan 24, 2010, 01:43:33 AM
Quote from: thrown_hammer on Jan 23, 2010, 10:33:18 PM
I don't have a problem with the "enter vent" button, but the "transistion" button concerns me. I used to really enjoy corkscrewing down hallways.
I saw someone do that in one of the alien videos. It was a complete corkscrew mind you, but the player didn't seem to have and trouble with it.

The player went from ceiling, to wall, to floor in what looked like one smooth movement. And then mauled a civillian.

I'm for anything that ends with a civilian being mauled.

Caosss

Quote from: l3awl3ag on Jan 24, 2010, 01:43:33 AM
It was a complete corkscrew mind you, but the player didn't seem to have and trouble with it.

The player went from ceiling, to wall, to floor in what looked like one smooth movement.

Sounds really good, it was one of my worries. You dont happen to have a link to/remember which video it was do you? Id like to see it, but I understand if you cant remember it  :P

Cal427eb

Maybe you can hold down the transition button. This would help a lot.

Caosss

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jan 24, 2010, 03:59:55 PM

Yea I was thinking of something like this, it wouldnt bother me as much then.

VEF214

QFT

Giger_Incubator

Quote from: VEF214 on Jan 24, 2010, 07:01:02 PM

QFT

?

gloatingdazz

Quote from: Giger_Incubator on Jan 24, 2010, 08:15:43 PM
Quote from: VEF214 on Jan 24, 2010, 07:01:02 PM

QFT

?
QTF = Quit F*****G Talking maybe¿

Drone23

...quote for truth...

gloatingdazz

Lie

What is Transition

Axlotl

I don't mind the button to enter the vent. I think the precise leap and daring escape is very alien like.

HOWEVER

I will chime in that a button to EXIT the vent is possibly bullshit.

BUT

Perhaps you can combo the the "exit vent" with another button in order to stick to the wall instead of dropping out? That shouldn't be hard to program... right? RIGHT?

Kelevra

I'll admit that the whole, enter a vent button made me rather nervous, especially when you need to press the button to exit a vent. Makes me feel abit uneasy, I don't see why it was needed really. Sure it attempts to make things easier for the console player, but it still looks like it could be rather awkward.
Ah well, we shall see soon enough =)

vess

It actually is trying to make it easier on the keyboard player.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed