Mechanics Needing To Be Changed

Started by Xenomorphine, Jan 21, 2010, 02:27:51 AM

Author
Mechanics Needing To Be Changed (Read 79,090 times)

sj.FOX

Online petitions don't work.

nubi

nubi

no thanks wall walk works just fine  ;)

Brother

I agree the wall walk is lame but I don't think Rebellion or anyone gives a rats ass.

TJ Doc

Eh, didn't take me long to get used to it.

ScardyFox

It does does need some fine tunning.

Effectz

i dont like the second it takes to change from wall to ceiling,many times i found myself trying to transition or escape n i hit the wall for a second n i get riddled by the pulse rifle

InfestedGoat

Quote from: nubi on Mar 04, 2010, 06:15:09 PM

QFT

this is the most realistic alien-like wallwalk i've ever seen. Havent you guys seen Alien 3? It moves the same way. I LOVE IT. Also, its 100x times easier than constantly having to hold down a button. As an alien, I rarely walk on the floor. It is just limiting if you do that ;-)

Lrn2Alien walk.

worldslaziestninja

I can use it alright enough but I have no many hours on avp 1 and 2 that Im so used to those machanics that I feel I don't have the same amount of freedom without getting all disoriented compaired to the old style. I think the more I play the easier it wiill be. 

Porkus Maximus

The wall walk works but it is NOT fine.  I clocked up hundreds of hours as the Alien in the first 2 AVP games, and they were both superior systems.

Manual transition mode:  Some surfaces require manual transition, others transition automatically?  Why do they transition automatically?  Why does the game give me the transition prompt when I don't need to press anything?  How does the game decide which should be automatic and which should be manual?  I dunno, it's never explained, I have to just guess.  I end up just holding the button down the whole time to avoid all those problems, but that completely defeats the object of the transition system.

Automatic transition mode:  Well this can be really helpful or completely irritating depending on what situation you're in.  I don't know if it's a bug or not, but dropping off of surfaces manually no longer works in this mode.  I can only move from one surface to another if I'm within the "jump transition" distance.  I can't just tap the transition key to let go and drop down any more.

Brother

Quote from: InfestedGoat on Mar 04, 2010, 06:53:42 PM
Quote from: nubi on Mar 04, 2010, 06:15:09 PM

QFT

this is the most realistic alien-like wallwalk i've ever seen. Havent you guys seen Alien 3? It moves the same way. I LOVE IT. Also, its 100x times easier than constantly having to hold down a button. As an alien, I rarely walk on the floor. It is just limiting if you do that ;-)

Lrn2Alien walk.

It's one thing how an alien moves and it's another thing how the wall walk works in the game, and it can't be compared with the movies for obvious reasons. It sucks big time.

worldslaziestninja

as far as I can figure it out is that if the wall isn't 90 degree or a sharp transition you will just go on it.  Also if you sprint it seems to transition you on other surfaces more readily.

Valheru

You have my total agreement on this issue Valentine, the current system doesn't work very well at all.

I have commented in other alien threads that its quite simple, replace the transition button with a simple wall walk button you hold down (like in AVP'99) and in the options you have the choice to make it toggle (which was also in AVP'99 via a command line code). Basically whenever this button is not held on or toggled, you fall to the ground and you don't automatically climb any surface without pressing the button again. This allows you to sprint along hallways without worrying about suddenly finding yourself back to front sideways on a box, instead its a conscious decision to climb a wall when you actually want to.

The problem with the transition button is without pressing it or holding it down you still automatically climb from the floor to the wall. If they simply fixed this not to happen then it would be a lot closer to the AVP'99 system already which was a hell lot easier to use and as such you became a better alien as you weren't always fighting your environment.

Cheers!

Valheru

Suicide767

Suicide767

what i dont understand is if they did so well on their first AVP and AVP2 was influenced of of THEIR AVP. why is their new avp, so shit. you woulda thought they woulda done a better job, and added all the ultra cool stuff, for example the AVP2 alien pounce was a scarefactor wasnt it? the fact that one minute there is nothing then the next you hear a weird alien pouncing sound, you turn around and a warrior/drone is flying towards you at a 100mph!! that was one of the scariest things in AVP2 i think, along with lifecycle, and the facehugger pounce!! so scary, but this AVP its terribly bland, boring, and non-scary. they say they made it for adults but did they really? no, because you cant even scare a 10 year old on that game, AVP2 you could. you could scare any1.

Sui

never

never

Just a simple idea for the Predator Hunt mode, to reduce spawnrape of the Predator, he should spawn cloaked.

Ziklitschli

With auto-transition it looks like alien has some compulsive need to climb a wall anytime it's close to one

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed