Mechanics Needing To Be Changed

Started by Xenomorphine, Jan 21, 2010, 02:27:51 AM

Author
Mechanics Needing To Be Changed (Read 79,097 times)

Lil Theo

Lil Theo

Not including the Net Gun was a bad choice, imo.

Greatest predator weapon ever.

Adey

Adey

but being able to pin ur enemies to the wall and finish them off wiv out them being able to fight back will get the alien and marine fans bitching about unfair balance again so lets not go there. lol ;D

KaizerDan

KaizerDan

Is it just me or, after playing every aliens and pred game out there from the old arcade to the new AVP, does it feel like this game offers the least amount of improvement? I mean sure, the game looks pretty, but its the same type of pretty that DOOM 3 offered, it was dark and scary yea, but the engine was very basic. this game still doesn't offer any sort of destructible environment which any any game that tries now days offers...

I think it shows a sign of not caring that rebellion, just now, calls a Q&A on the forums to "talk" about their game. People are pointing out things that should be there or are annoying, and the only damn answer they have for all of their questions is "we chose to spend the time on implementing/polishing other features"... that's easy when the game offers so little to polish other then making the aliens more shiny...

but what can you expect from a game that was made in such a hurry...
only 3 models with a few different skins... missing all the other playable classes as the other games... missing a lot of weapons that were in the older games... and crouch.... that is the easiest most basic thing to throw in... but oh well.

they really are just throwing this out there for the console kids to make some quick money so they can finish their colonial marines game.... probably seeing what they can get away with so they don't have to put so much effort into that game.. easy enough business strategy

throwing that out there just to see if people get what I'm talking about.

I'm really only interested in the opinions of those that actually played and like all the older games when they were new and awesome, other wise you are just a random fanboy out of your element : P

Steve C

Steve C

I think this game has the most improvement, especially as far as realistic character abilities are concerned, out of any AvP game we have ever seen.

KaizerDan

KaizerDan

Quote from: Steve C on Feb 14, 2010, 04:57:52 AM
I think this game has the most improvement, especially as far as realistic character abilities are concerned, out of any AvP game we have ever seen.

That is true, i do respect that. maybe too realistic for me, i feel like im fighting the character to get him to move around, some what restrictive in a way. but it does make it more realistic to watch. ive jumped so many times when having an alien drop down on me...

VainApocalypse

VainApocalypse

It's very simple. We call this "consolization." Now you know where to focus your blame.

Improvement upon the realism of...Character abilities? What, sir, do you mean?

KaizerDan

KaizerDan

Quote from: VainApocalypse on Feb 14, 2010, 05:04:19 AM
It's very simple. We call this "consolization." Now you know where to focus your blame.

to some extent i agree with ya, but ive been playing console games my whole life just as i have pc. But even games like halo have more of a pc feel then console to me, and this game just doesnt pull that off as well.

mmk so after thinking about it, this is my main beef with the game... It doesn't feel like you have free will, its too paper rock scissors, and every kill turns into a long animation that you arent in control of. it almost feels turn based... move around and press one key (E) and sit back as it randomly picks a way to finish off your foe for you...

KaizerDan

KaizerDan

Quote from: VainApocalypse on Feb 14, 2010, 05:05:40 AM

Improvement upon the realism of...Character abilities? What, sir, do you mean?

I took is as meaning, the motion is more fluid... like, when a person runs in real life, he just doesnt press A and strafe left instantly, there is a bit more momentum to it.

Nino V1

Nino V1

This game hasn't got alot of modern day gaming features because all of those features are shit, do u know how many glitches come out of destructive environments? This game will do fine, even without all u doubters

KaizerDan

KaizerDan

Quote from: Nino V1 on Feb 14, 2010, 05:20:11 AM
This game hasn't got alot of modern day gaming features because all of those features are shit, do u know how many glitches come out of destructive environments? This game will do fine, even without all u doubters

And the spasms begin... 

I have to disagree man, Ive been playing the BadCompany 2 Beta for week(keep in mind i said BETA) and ive had no problems with the EVERYTHING being destructible.  Not sure what games you have been playing, if you are referring to crysis.. that just is glitchy... not the destructible stuffs fault. Also, MechWarrior living legends beta is very nice too, having had any issues with glitches from things that break apart

Xhan

Xhan

The game is aimed towards casual users and is supposed to operate consistently on three platforms, can't see how that's going to be gotten around logistically.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

VainApocalypse, knock off the double posting. Please and thank you.

Quote from: VainApocalypse on Feb 14, 2010, 05:04:19 AM

And to all of you: be careful this doesn't became another console vs. PC thread.

Drone23

Drone23

I love the game.. as do most of us I'm sure, it's AvP for gorams sake.. and I haven't even played the full version.. the demo's holding me over pretty well tho.

KaizerDan

KaizerDan

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 14, 2010, 05:32:26 AM
And to all of you: be careful this doesn't became another console vs. PC thread.

Understood.

Thats not what im trying to get at... im getting at more the lack of options in the game. whether its console or pc, it still should have more to this game. And adding a few more skins over DLC, that idk, you might have to pay for???? not sure, but that doesn't do much for it...

Quote from: Drone23 on Feb 14, 2010, 05:39:31 AM
I love the game.. as do most of us I'm sure, it's AvP for gorams sake.. and I haven't even played the full version.. the demo's holding me over pretty well tho.

I'm glad people can enjoy this more then myself... wish i could. I REALLY want to play the single player story modes... but not sure i can buy the game just for 3 short stories...

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

What makes you think that gameplay features designed for war games would be appropriate for a game that's one part survival horror and two parts stealth?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed