Mechanics Needing To Be Changed

Started by Xenomorphine, Jan 21, 2010, 02:27:51 AM

Author
Mechanics Needing To Be Changed (Read 78,481 times)

newbeing

newbeing

kinda defeats the point of having a trophy or sneak attack kill. If you don't want to be killed during a trophy or sneak attack kill don't perform it, just kill them through conventional means. I like that showing off has some risk to it.

Xhan

Xhan

As above, you're also lengthening combat considerably.

While that would indeed be awesome for a duel, you're just asking to be sniped on a server with 18 people, and you also have to blend the animations so it doesn't look like complete ass when you cancel.

Dusk

Dusk

Like newbeing said, if you don't want to get killed, simply don't use the stealth or trophy kills. You can kill your opponent by other means. As for the power nodes, you just have to know when and where to use it. I haven't been killed once when I recharged my energy.

DrHobo

DrHobo

Stupid idea. Everyone would try to land a stealth kill. If I attack a marine from behind I never ever use a stealth kill. There's no reason, not even for the lulz. I only use stealth / Trophy kills as alien against preds since they are much harder to kill.

But cancel button for recharging energy would be nice, yeah.

skull-splitter

I'd prefer a cancel-attack button for ranged weapons for the predator... Half the time I have to fire in order to get rid of it...

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: skull-splitter on Feb 08, 2010, 05:20:09 PM
I'd prefer a cancel-attack button for ranged weapons for the predator... Half the time I have to fire in order to get rid of it...

Just press light attack.

Dusk

Dusk

I don't see the point for a energy recharge cancel. If a Marine or Alien spots you while recharging, you're dead anyway. The Alien will Stealth kill you and the Marine will unload his Pulse Rifle. You wouldn't really have a lot of time to get away when you get attacked.

Brother

Brother

It's better than the ninja-button idea ;)

nyce

nyce

Do a little focus jump if you want to cancel a charged shoulder cannon shot.

Dusk

Dusk

Quote from: Brother on Feb 08, 2010, 05:22:25 PM

I don't know what it is, but it sounds awesome. And now I want it.

Quote from: nyce on Feb 08, 2010, 05:26:07 PM

You don't even have to jump. All you need to do is to tap focus in order to cancel your ranged attacks.

Elude

Elude

Alright but I hope can be said the same when there are 18 players wondering around looking for a train to join in on.

Brother

Brother

I blame the train not the lack of a cancel button.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Dusk on Feb 08, 2010, 05:28:22 PM
Quote from: Brother on Feb 08, 2010, 05:22:25 PM

I don't know what it is, but it sounds awesome. And now I want it.

Quote from: nyce on Feb 08, 2010, 05:26:07 PM

You don't even have to jump. All you need to do is to tap focus in order to cancel your ranged attacks.

The Ninja button allowed the Pred to teleport out of battle anytime he had been injured, or spotted, or coughed, loaded up the wrong weapon for fight, or got an email, or just needed some alone time.

Rebellion actually did implement it though, the HA allows you to teleport your enemy away so you can be safe and secure and call your kids and tell them how much you love them and you'll be home soon whilst danny Elfman plays in the background.

Brother

Brother

hahahhahahahaa

Dusk

Dusk

I thought it would be a button that summons Ninja's onto the map, that aid you and cut up anything in their path. They could be Cybernetic Weyland-Yutani Ninjas.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed