Mechanics Needing To Be Changed

Started by Xenomorphine, Jan 21, 2010, 02:27:51 AM

Author
Mechanics Needing To Be Changed (Read 78,480 times)

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: VEF214 on Feb 07, 2010, 09:49:31 PM

I disagree. I find the level to be interesting. It could use a few tweaks here and there, but overall it suits the three species nicely.

The level design is only interesting if you think that running around on a grid is interesting.  Seriously, it's like running around a series of squares except that the alien can go up on ceilings.  Nothing interesting about it.  I think the guy that designed this levels had tic-tac-toe on his mind the entire time he was working on it.

Pirikato

Pirikato

Hi!   :D
If u dislike it so much why don't u grab ur arse and go make an AvP game by yourself?
We're talking about a company that hasnt made many good quality games and that doesnt touch AvP for about 8 years. Seeing it that way, this game isnt a disappointment at any level

Redlightning

Quote from: Pirikato on Feb 07, 2010, 10:27:22 PM
If u dislike it so much why don't u grab ur arse and go make an AvP game by yourself?
Were the paying customers. If we don't like it, they lose money. It's their job to make sure the customers want their game.

DrHobo

DrHobo

QuoteThe level design is only interesting if you think that running around on a grid is interesting.  Seriously, it's like running around a series of squares except that the alien can go up on ceilings.  Nothing interesting about it.  I think the guy that designed this levels had tic-tac-toe on his mind the entire time he was working on it.
The level is awesome. The weapon spots are very good placed (also the grenades), it has 2 large rooms.. I can't really complain. You can't always have your asymmetric levels.

Hawkins

Hawkins

Quote from: Dusk on Feb 07, 2010, 05:12:31 PM
The melee needs some serious fixng. I don't mind losing in close combat, but it pisses me off when I get by the wristblade, even though I'm 10 ft away.
I agree I hate it when an alien or a pred does that and it annoys the hell out of me but I hope its fixed the the full game

Inverse Effect

What about my idea? anyone gonna comment on it?

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: Redlightning on Feb 07, 2010, 10:36:30 PM
Were the paying customers. If we don't like it, they lose money. It's their job to make sure the customers want their game.

...and that's the dilemma for anyone who is waiting for A:CM.  There has been some speculation that the release of A:CM is contingent on how well AvP3 does.  If the current demo reflects the final product then there will be a series of bad reviews coming from IGN, 1Up, and every other credible source of review for video games.  This would be bad for both AvP AND A:CM.

What I have played so far has not been good.  I want it to be better...or at least be good enough so that people invest in this game enough to justify the release of A:CM with certainty.

Nino V1

Nino V1

Theres nothing wrong with it, its ur opinion and no one elses, the lvl is fine and suits the need for the demo. Its deathmatch so of course ur not gonna be completely satisfied with the game until u play all gamemodes and lvls. As a whole the game is good and has potential to be better so long as the ppl who play it enjoy it and play it properly, u cannot possibly judge this game yet, and stop trying to convince others.

If others like it, it can't be all bad

Adey

Adey

Quote from: Dusk on Feb 07, 2010, 05:12:31 PM
The melee needs some serious fixng. I don't mind losing in close combat, but it pisses me off when I get by the wristblade, even though I'm 10 ft away.
i have'nt played the demo yet but if wot u say is true that definitely needs sortin but how do you know that the developers are even reading any of these posts its so close to launch that they might overlook alot of the faults n not think of checking forums for threads or posts that bring up these probs but im lookin frwd to the finished product cos its been far to long

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Pirikato on Feb 07, 2010, 10:27:22 PM
We're talking about a company that hasnt made many good quality games and that doesnt touch AvP for about 8 years. Seeing it that way, this game isnt a disappointment at any level

That's like saying, "Don't worry if 'Avatar' is a pile of shit. James Cameron hasn't done any films for ages! From that point of view, it's not a disappointment. If you hate it so much, why don't you go out and make a multi-million dollar original film?"

I did like that film, as it happens (just as, for all I know, I might like this game), but do you now see how flawed that logic can be? :)

Hawkins

Hawkins

Quote from: QueenofDeath on Feb 07, 2010, 07:59:32 PM
I say finishers because, a marine doing a trophy kill just isnt right. So why not have Finishers? depending on the weapon used? i think they could be two to three per weapon. But heres a quick layout.

-Shotgun-
*Grabs shotgun and places it in the aliens mouth*

Marine says "EAT THIS"

*Blows a hole through the Alien/Predator skull*

-Smartgun-

*Marine knocks down Alien/Predator on the floor with the Smartgun*

Marine then says "LETS ROCK!!" And pumps 100 Smartgun rounds into the Aliens head/body at point blank untill the head exploads or untill the body turns into a bullet riddled sack of meat.

-Pistol-

Marine Gets his foot and holds the alien's head down on the floor and unloads a full clip of pistol rounds into the aliens head and says "You want some of this?" And then finaly pistol whips the alien to make sure its dead.

Some of these are pretty cool and are taken from Aliens.
those wouldn't be bad I must say especially with the shot gun.

darthmaul1

darthmaul1

how do any of the species do a trophy kill?
all i have done is grab and kill and that is only with the alien and pred. Can the marine grab and kill?

VEF214

VEF214

Quote from: Ash 937 on Feb 07, 2010, 10:16:14 PM
Quote from: VEF214 on Feb 07, 2010, 09:49:31 PM

I disagree. I find the level to be interesting. It could use a few tweaks here and there, but overall it suits the three species nicely.

The level design is only interesting if you think that running around on a grid is interesting.  Seriously, it's like running around a series of squares except that the alien can go up on ceilings.  Nothing interesting about it.  I think the guy that designed this levels had tic-tac-toe on his mind the entire time he was working on it.

The corridors are for the marines.

Elude

Elude

I think most of you can already guess where this is going.....

I think there should be specific button to cancel (preferbly the interact button again) out of doing a trophy kill, stealth kill, and recharging energy at a terminal. I know most of you are going to say no and that you should be watching your back more often or performing these actions while noone is around, but when the full game comes around with 18 players in a server your going to be saying otherwise.

Atleast for the trophy and stealth kills you should be able to cancel out of the move just before you kill him if you wish, however if you've already stabbed your victim your locked until finnished.

nyce

nyce

A cancel idea would be cool imho for trophy and stealth kills, I have seen so many "lets do da train" moments. Marine gets TKd by Alien, Alien gets TKd by pred, Pred gets TKd by another pred, 2 more joins, and the first marine runs back and blast the last TKer to death. :P I so freakin' hate whem i cant controll my actions.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed