Will this film be a commersial and critical success?

Started by Mystic Ninja, Jan 16, 2010, 07:56:00 PM

Author
Will this film be a commersial and critical success? (Read 1,511 times)

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

Who thinks this film can achieve this?

I believe Predator is the only one to achieve this. However, I have heard that the film was not as widely loved (as it is now) initially in 87 and respect came over time.

Could Predators achieve both critical and financial success or will it fall flat on its face?

What score do you think it can achieve on RT?

If the film does achieve both, do you think its ideas and characters could influence the expanded universe in the comics and novels. Seriously, if the film is critically and financially successful what's stopping Dark Horses from trying to cash in?

Mike The Wolf

I do think this movie is going to be a success and people will be cashing in.

Mystic Ninja

Success critically, financially, or both? 

Remonster

I think its way too early to tell how successful this movie is going to be.

Johnny Handsome

Who the hell cares what the movie scores on IMDB or Rotten Tomatoes??

I don't care if this movie is a critically success, but I'm very confident that it will make its budget back and a lot more.

Mystic Ninja

Its just a prediction.

Do it!!!

Doomofman

I reckon it'll be panned by critics, it'll be liked by some fans and hated by others... It'll do well commercially... Probably do between 100-150m in it's total domestic run and about 250m altogether(with worldwide)

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

I believe that it will have a score between 60 to 70% and will earn around $200million worldwide.

I hope this film is great, for my personal entertainment whilst watching it and then to experience the frustration of the fan boys who hate it desperately trying to deal with
the movie, its ideas and characters becoming official canon. If its a critical and financial success this will happen and it would be so funny!

Mystic Ninja

I also fear AvP syndrome could affect its box office.

Even if it does turn out to be great many of the normal public will be put off because of how bad AvP was. I believe it will be a success but over a longer period of time through good word of mouth.

RakaiThwei

Commercial success-- definately. I mean AvP was a commercial success, AvP-R was a commercial success. Not to mention you're getting a name like Rodriguez attached to the film, so comic book and movie geeks (I use the term lovingly) will flock to see it.

Critically... we'll have to wait and see.

-Rakai'Thwei

Doomofman

All I need to know is... I'm going to enjoy it :D

Master

I hope it`ll be good. I don`t give a damn about critics. P2 was poorly rated by critics but the film is selve is... o my, f**king perfect.

RumorControl

I'm guessing it'll end up at around 56% on RT and 7.0 on IMDB.  Look, not even the first Predator movie was well-received by critics when it was first released, so what chance does this one have?

chrisr232007

Pvt. Hicks

Critical success will be moderate to good I believe.

Financially, it will do good. Maybe around 150 million worldwide. Remember the R-rating will burden it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed