All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 348,420 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You know what, I'd be really up for that!

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It's what Seth McFarlane did and he's been killing it lately.  I imagine Tarantino's universe would be a lot meaner though.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I still need to retry Orville. I'm kinda imagining a more brutal Firefly with Tarantino. I think he'd totally go the Western route.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'm watching The Expanse so it's only fair that you watch The Orville.  :P

ace3g

ace3g

SM

SM

I like that they're finally doing proper long story arcs in Star Trek now, rather than the old episodic stuff where they hit the reset button each week.  Some of the best flicks were the connected Wrath of Khan, Search for Spock and Voyage Home, and some of the Dominion War stuff in DS9 (I only saw parts of it).

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

DS9 did season long things and was actually quite good. A lot of hits in that show, very character driven too. Really recommend giving that a proper watch.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

SM

SM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 04, 2020, 11:53:15 AM
DS9 did season long things and was actually quite good. A lot of hits in that show, very character driven too. Really recommend giving that a proper watch.

I've tried watching DS9 at various times, but if often heads into that old 'Deep Sleep 9' territory.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Like all Trek, it's one of those it gets good in Season 3.

The Old One

The Old One

Apart from Voyager and Enterprise (Can't speak to Discovery) that never got any higher in quality, started garbage and continued to be.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I gave up on all Trek series. But I do love watching the original and The Next Generation.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 08, 2020, 08:54:43 AM
Apart from Voyager and Enterprise (Can't speak to Discovery) that never got any higher in quality, started garbage and continued to be.

I'm afraid I disagree with you there. I still stand by that rule for Voyager and Enterprise, especially Season 4 for Enterprise.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Before we got TNG, I wanted a series set in the TOS movie era and literally be about the next generation of Starfleet officers taking command of the Enterprise-A (or B) rather than some ~80-year time jump with pajamas.

SM

SM

Nah I think they had to plow their own road to separate it from TOS and the films - which Roddenberry had (thankfully) lost control of anyway.

Not that I ever really got into TNG.  And yes the uniforms were crap compared to the films.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed