KiramidHead

Tainted by Voyager shit. :-X

Other than that, looks good.

ace3g

ace3g

Immortan Jonesy

Mr. Xenomorph

Mr. Xenomorph

Just saw on Reuters that Viacom and CBS are officially merging. So Star Trek will be under one umbrella again. Interesting to see how this effects Discovery since the split was why it was so aesthetically different from the rest of the Prime timeline in the first place.

SM

SM

Stuff in series 2 was lifted straight out of The Original Series though.

Mr. Xenomorph

Mr. Xenomorph

Quote from: SM on Aug 13, 2019, 09:02:46 PM
Stuff in series 2 was lifted straight out of The Original Series though.

True, but due to the rights issues, the Klingons didn't look like traditional Klingons and the crew of Discovery had different uniforms than TOS. Same thing with the JJ movies. It had to be different enough to get around copyright. And now they don't have those issues.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm not sure that's right. I thought the split was between the movies and the shows, so Discovery should have been able to use anything from the shows it wanted.

SM

SM

Spoiler
It did.  It used footage and characters from TOS - original characters and recast characters of Pike and Number One.
[close]

Mr. Xenomorph

Mr. Xenomorph

Ah. I see what's happening. There has been so much back and forth about who owns what due to conspiracy theories about Bad Robot's involvement and rights issues with Discovery. I was incorrect.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KoulbtFC2Ic

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I wonder if that means the pay dispute with Pine has been sorted out.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed