ace3g

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm still gutted NetFlix didn't pick them up. No way to watch in the UK.  :-\

Picard STAR TREK Series Aiming for Late 2019 Debut

Vermillion

SM

SM

I was watching TMP again last night.  I tend to think it cops a little too much flak - but by Christ is that movie is dire need of editor.  So many superfluous shots during the initial Enterprise flyby. 

Vermillion

Vermillion

Agreed SM. Beauty shots of the Enterprise were a bit much, but it did show the redesign well.
The extended V'ger entry shots were also long and drawn out. 

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Dec 11, 2018, 12:33:14 AM
I was watching TMP again last night.  I tend to think it cops a little too much flak - but by Christ is that movie is dire need of editor.  So many superfluous shots during the initial Enterprise flyby. 

https://media.tenor.com/images/2142527bba4ccc6dcfb42a29b126107a/tenor.gif

For me TMP was just an FX reel. A really pretty FX reel but I always get bored in it.

SM

SM

It has a few good bits for a film where they spend most of their time watching telly.  The Enterprise is beautifully shot and the model is exquisite.

I watched all of TOS earlier this year so watched this through the lens of where that left off and where this started.  I was really struck by how much the mood and energy lifted in TMP when Bones shows up.  It was so incredibly earnest and taking itself desperately seriously before that.  Was the transporter accident really necessary?  It's kinda metal for Star Trek, but we know the ship isn't ready via other scenes.  I guess they had to get rid of Sonak...?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Those FX shots probably cost a ton of money and by god they were going to use them? That has to be it.

Highland

Highland

Watched the Search for Spock the other night on the telly. It's amazing how watchable older films are. Maybe it's nostalgia.

Vermillion

Vermillion

This thing uncloaks like a Predator and has a shoulder cannon in the trailer. 
Neat.

ace3g

ace3g

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Vermillion on Dec 14, 2018, 03:13:58 AM

This thing uncloaks like a Predator and has a shoulder cannon in the trailer. 
Neat.

I think it's

Spoiler
Georgeou.
[close]

I'm liking the looks of it. Keen to see more. Is it me or have they TOSed up the Discovery a bit too?

ace3g

ace3g

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed