Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 348,329 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: MudButt on Jun 19, 2018, 07:11:05 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Jun 19, 2018, 06:25:41 PM
So is the Tarantino version still on?

According to reports he is still working on it but it will be on hold for a bit because he's going to start directing his next flick this year.

Discovery was groundbreaking for giving us the first F-bomb in Star Trek.  Is anyone ready for Tarantino to show us all that the N-word is still around in the 23rd century?

Vermillion

Vermillion

From dusk till dawn style.

ace3g

The Old One

The Old One

Excellent, hopefully this is on par with or better than TNG.

Vermillion

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Because the TNG era hasn't been milked to f**king death already. ::)

The Old One

The Old One

What's the alternative?

Yet another, reboot/reimagining with Kirk and Spock? No thanks.

You could set a new series in the future or the past with new characters sure, but the fact of the matter is that Voyager and Enterprise were terrible.
Discovery is a mess of creatives pulling one way and the studio another, barely adhering to Gene Roddenberry's themes and established ideas.

We'll see how this turns out, roll the dice enough and you're bound to get a six eventually.

Looking forward to Quentin Tarantino's effort and this, if they're both awful it's not going to be the end of the world. The franchise already survived Nemesis.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

As much as I like the concept behind the reboot, the cast and I thoroughly enjoyed Beyond, the Kelvin-verse hasn't been my favourite. Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing some post movies Prime timeline stuff in live action alongside Discovery. Plus Patrick Stewart back is a huge win in my book.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I hope they give us a Rian Johnsonized Picard.

OpenMaw

SM

SM

Much as I dig Stewart, I often found TNG to be a bit dull.  I hope they have him a bit angrier.  Here's more interesting when he's not being so polite.

The Old One

The Old One

If they actually went the "Federation is deeply corrupt." route that they hint at in several episodes, that would be great potential for an A to B plot for the Star Trek universe, that can break off into little stories- while still doing some good ol' trekking, but it's all in the strength of the writers at that point.

Jean Luc Picard would be a great protagonist/antagonist for that plot.

SM

SM

Make the premise a sequel to Conspiracy.

The Old One

The Old One

Yes, sorta, but without people being controlled by Aliens- just people being shitty.

You can finally explain why the Federation can generate things with replicators for nothing but all the other species use currency.

SM

SM

Yeah I found that pretty hokey.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed