All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 346,407 times)

Mr. Xenomorph

Mr. Xenomorph

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 29, 2017, 10:48:23 PM
Makes sense, the Klingons have always been a slate to paint different contemporary villains onto.

Yeah, they have. I checked out some Star Trek fan boards and the Klingons are pretty much everything. Some say Trump. Some say North Korea. Some say ISIS or the USSR.

Sabby

Sabby

I don't mind their redesign and their new motives, I just can't stand their new voices. At first, I thought they sounded like drowning Ugandans, but then I realized what they were reminding me of.

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: Sabby on Sep 30, 2017, 05:21:43 AM
At first, I thought they sounded like drowning Ugandans

:-X

Edgy

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It sounds to me like the fake teeth.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Vermillion

Vermillion

Link dead Hicks :(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Updated.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Roger

Vermillion

Vermillion

Oh my god. Mia Kirshner!!!!!
I love her. Holy mofo

skhellter

skhellter

I dug the first 2 episodes.

I LOVED the 3rd one, tho. :)
Characters are really hitting their stride...
+
The Discovery is a black ops science vessel... Area 51 in space.
...and its secret mission is strange.. and cool.

I'm hooked.
MOAR, plz.

Mr. Xenomorph

Mr. Xenomorph

Great episode. The Alien vibes were aplenty.

Was the ladder Michael was climbing the same kind that was on Nostromo? It sure looked like it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cannot wait for the merch from Discovery to drop. I need one of those toy hand phasers. The new tech is rad.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: skhellter on Oct 02, 2017, 05:03:05 AM
The Discovery is a black ops science vessel... Area 51 in space.
...and its secret mission is strange.. and cool.

Area 51 in space. Interesting way to describe it and quite apt, I think! I really enjoyed episode 3. I'm intrigued by Lorca and their mission. That said,

Spoiler
I'm sure it will have to fail because of timeline.
[close]

Loved the chief engineer too. And that classic style warp core!

skhellter

skhellter

There's quite a few different ways to get the Discovery to succeed in their mission
while still preserving continuity.

Spoiler
1- Maybe The Continuum will look at their science project and say "NOPE. This toy is too good for you." And steal every memory of it. Maybe the Federation uses the tech to win the war BUT they lose the tech right afterwards.
2- Or maybe the Klingon will find out about the project and find a way to sabotage it permanently. Via a bioweapon that destroys most of the spores in the galaxy? Because i sure dont remember there being any mention of cosmic spores in the Original Series.
[close]

Any of these would be fine. I'm a bit partial to option #2 because it could build some neat spy-drama between the factions.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Part of the interview with Scott.

QuoteI love what I've seen so far. I've only seen half an hour, but it looks incredible. I wonder, though, whether you have mixed feelings about returning to this world, because one of the things about Blade Runner is that it's stood on its own until now.

Umm, yeah. You change over time. At that point I had no interest in ever doing a sequel, that's why I never did a sequel to Alien for another 20 years, and then I thought "Do you know what, I'd better go back to this." Because I'd done two science fiction [films], Alien and Blade Runner, and I felt that that was it. That's enough science fiction for a career. And of course, I never realised that the awakening of the science fiction universe, over many, many films, would get so large. You can't thank Star Wars for that, you can thank, God bless them, Star Trek. You've got all that. It's evolved and made another form of entertainment.

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/ridley-scott/51999/ridley-scott-interview-blade-runner-2049-alien-and-more

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Also was I imaging it or was there a
Spoiler
Gorn skeleton in Lorca's weird room?
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed