Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 346,394 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Only 12 minutes in and this is stupid. :P

SM

SM

Yeah the first scene on the desert planet looked nice but my god it was so clunky.

AND THEY WERN"T WEARING SPACE SUITS ZOMGWTFBBQ!!!?!

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

:laugh:

Man I don't think this is going to be my cup of tea. Just not feeling the dialog at all. Going to stop it here and maybe give it a chance later.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Sep 28, 2017, 12:29:52 AM
Yeah the first scene on the desert planet looked nice but my god it was so clunky.

Star Trek tradition.  It would almost seem weird if they didn't do that.

SM

SM

You mean like in Wrath of Khan, like only the best Trek EVAR!!1!

Another thing that I though was odd-
Spoiler
Burnham goes in check out whatever the hell it was in the asteroids.  a) Major missed opportunity to use one of the jetpacks Spock uses in TMP.  b) Why didn't she use one of them pod thingy we see retrieving the beacon?
[close]

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Ceti Alpha VI was so sandstormy though.

SM

SM

Ceti Alpha FIVE!!!

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

True story: I saw TWoK and The Thing for the first time at a drive-in theater in 1982 as a double-feature.  That was some goddamn experience.  ;D

Vermillion

Vermillion

Best scene ever. Music FTW.
https://youtu.be/LaVIIoRKBlk

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 28, 2017, 04:27:59 AM
True story: I saw TWoK and The Thing for the first time at a drive-in theater in 1982 as a double-feature.  That was some goddamn experience.  ;D
Good double feature.  Usually they had some hit and some mediocre flick.  Though I do recall a Rocky movie on the same bill as Raiders.

Another one I think was Tron and The Watcher In The Woods.  We weren't interested in Watcher, but were pumped for Tron.  Then after watching it we weren't that interested in Tron either.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Did you dig Star Trek The Motion Picture like I did?

SM

SM

At the time I thought it was kinda cool.  With repeated viewings it's a couple of hours of the crew watching TV.  Good idea that spends way too long shouting 'LOOK AT THIS COOL EFFECTS SHOT'

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Do you still dig it anyway?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Sep 28, 2017, 04:22:19 AM
You mean like in Wrath of Khan, like only the best Trek EVAR!!1!

Another thing that I though was odd-
Spoiler
Burnham goes in check out whatever the hell it was in the asteroids.  a) Major missed opportunity to use one of the jetpacks Spock uses in TMP.  b) Why didn't she use one of them pod thingy we see retrieving the beacon?
[close]

Spoiler
But they did! It was just mega redesigned. They called it a thruster pack didn't they?

In regards to B), could it have been due to the dispersal field? I can't recall seeing anyone actually piloting that workerbee thing at the start...but then doesn't Georgio mention piloting one later. Perhaps it would have been too bulky compared to the thruster suit?
[close]

Quote from: SM on Sep 28, 2017, 04:25:10 AM
http://michaelgmunz.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/cetialphafive.jpg

Ceti Alpha FIVE!!!

Quote from: SM on Sep 28, 2017, 12:29:52 AM

It reeked of that same mentality behind the stupid water sequence in STID. "It'll look cool!"

SM

SM

I barely remember any of that awful TWoK ripoff.

Spoiler
But they did! It was just mega redesigned. They called it a thruster pack didn't they?
[close]

I was just lefting pondering - why didn't it at least look a bit like the one form TMP.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 28, 2017, 06:56:12 AM
Do you still dig it anyway?

Yeah.  I even dig Final Frontier.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed