All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 348,301 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I think that's pure brilliance and completely unexpected. I'm really looking forward to seeing what he does with Mudd and am curious as to how important the character is going to be.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Mudd's women.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Happy First Contact Day, folks!

Vermillion

Vermillion

Magic Carpet Ride!!

Corporal Hicks

ace3g

ace3g

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

http://nextshark.com/new-star-trek-trailer-draws-outrage-arent-enough-white-guys

This is the worst sort of complaining. The whole point of Star Trek is a future where one's biological traits are utterly meaningless as far as their abilities and talents go. I guess these idiots are forgetting why Roddenberry believed in ST in the first place.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ace3g on May 17, 2017, 11:01:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dxe_ugmIVM

I know it's got more of a JJ-verse look but I do quite like the looks of this. I'm really curious to see where they go with it.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Trek started to fall apart (viewership/ratings) after it started to blatantly put PC situations in play.
Not subtly like Gene Roddenberry
Trek is formula based.  The fans are very wise to it.
Mess it up and they will barf and go back to hanging out at just conventions again.
Seth Macfarlane's new "trek" show is actually going to be better imho

x-M-x

x-M-x

I remember when Star Trek was about "Boldly going where no man has gone before."  It was always at its best when it was when it played around with what people viewed as normal and twisted it upon itself to create a moment of self-reflection.  Even DS9 with it's high drama and huge story arc managed to do that on a fairly regular basis, because the other factions and species always had their own perspective and narratives that commented on what it is to be human in a subtle manner.

The way this trailer is put together suggests that despite the name of the ship, there will be very little discovering done, and more about dealing with some existential threat.

And one last thing.... WHEN THE HELL WILL STAR TREK GET OUT OF THE PAST? (True fans will know what i mean lol)
:D

Vermillion

Vermillion

V'ger

The chair is against the wall. 

ace3g

ace3g

Alien³

Alien³

I might just have a dirty mind, but those 2 posters positioned like that seem rather rude lookin'.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think it's just you mate.  :laugh:

Glad they've finally nailed a date down though!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed