All Star Trek (Read 346,420 times)

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 28, 2016, 08:00:23 AM
Sorry if I offend any nerds
Sorry could not resist lol.

Stay Thirsty My Friend!"

"Let me set the record straight... I have never appeared on Star Trek, if I remember correctly that is, which is always dubious."}

Damn even the guy himself is unsure. :P

Vermillion

Vermillion

He speaks Klingon, in Vulcan.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

who the hell is Holly Amos?
It says on her profile.  Works for startrek.com   Professional Trekspert at @CBS.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Aug 29, 2016, 09:28:21 AM
who the hell is Holly Amos?
It says on her profile.  Works for startrek.com   Professional Trekspert at @CBS.
Yep... I had no idea how deep this Trekkie hole went. She is boring.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

50 years today!

Magegg

Magegg

Beyond was finally released in my country.

And sadly, I have to give it a 5/10 rating :/

The movie is practically a remake of the last film, or perhaps both previous moves. It sticks way too much to the "space action" thing and everything else's pretty much inconsequential. It doesn't even have a topic. The movie doesn't bring anything new or interesting to the saga and if it didn't exist, nothing would have changed.

They have to change the formula in order to stay relevant, because seriously, and will I absolutely ADORED the first movie, they're aiming too low, and they've never gone beyond that :/

I'm hugely disappointed :/ I think this is one of the most disappointing years in blockbusters to me... Apocalypse... Suicide Squad... Beyond... all of them failed me -.-

genocyber

genocyber

How is it anything like the last film? Into Darkness was mostly set on Earth, and it being a political thriller type story. Kirk and the crew hadn't even done any deep space exploration at that point.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Magegg on Sep 12, 2016, 04:08:20 AM
The movie is practically a remake of the last film, or perhaps both previous moves. It sticks way too much to the "space action" thing and everything else's pretty much inconsequential. It doesn't even have a topic. The movie doesn't bring anything new or interesting to the saga and if it didn't exist, nothing would have changed.

Do not see this at all. Can you elaborate?

Corporal Hicks

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

I'm glad.  Better to get it right than rush to meet an arbitrary deadline.  It's been more than a decade, I can wait a few extra months.  :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Completely agree. I'd rather they take their time.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 12, 2016, 10:04:54 AM
Quote from: Magegg on Sep 12, 2016, 04:08:20 AM

Do not see this at all. Can you elaborate?
The movie doesn't have a topic. It's not though-provoking. The villain is as simple as possible "I'm a warrior and I want to make war". There's no interesting science-fiction plot points either. There's not an IDEA behind the movie. It's completely plain and action-based.

Also, compare with Into Darkness:
Spoiler
- Same plot devices. There's an apparent colleague in distress that sends them off in a mission, and is actually a traitor.

- Ends up with a villain crashing into a city of a planet and they have to stop it before it destroys everything.
[close]

The plot is bland as hell. It just doesn't add anything to the franchise, it doesn't change anything, everything's back at the same status quo, it's just another brainless adventure. We could simply wipe it off of history and nothing would have changed.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: Magegg on Sep 15, 2016, 04:01:56 PM

It's amazing how we all have our tastes and different point on views on things. :)

I have to agree with most of this assessment on the new Star Trek movie. I'm probably just p!ssed off because the whole movie took place on a boring jungle bunny planet and not enough Space scenes or a more captivating storyline. It was really a straightforward bad guy come and get me if you can type of movie, but that's just my opinion. However, I absolutely loved both Star Trek (2009) and Star Trek into Darkness. I thought both movies had great scenes and good stories...Go figure...everyone's different.

Star Trek 2009 9/10
Star Trek Into Darkness 8.5/10
Star Trek Beyond The Jungle Planet 5/10

Magegg

Magegg

Yeah. It's a matter of tastes. I absolutely loved Star Trek (2009) [10/10 in my scale] and I thought Into Darkness was way too boring and absurd but I thought it was just only a little misstep.

Now, Beyond proves to me they're simply repeating the same formula over and over again, and not going beyond that. The series would have to reinvent itself in order to get my attention again...

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: Magegg on Sep 15, 2016, 05:46:20 PM
Yeah. It's a matter of tastes. I absolutely loved Star Trek (2009) [10/10 in my scale] and I thought Into Darkness was way too boring and absurd but I thought it was just only a little misstep.

Now, Beyond proves to me they're simply repeating the same formula over and over again, and not going beyond that. The series would have to reinvent itself in order to get my attention again...

I also found it a bit too mainstream, with a lot of pointless comedy and barely any real talk about Scientific stuff, etc... I blame everything on JJ Abrams again lol. His movies are starting to look like some kind of watered down crap, not sure why one person is directing 2 huge franchises at the same time...Star Wars and Star Trek...good luck with that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed