Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 348,253 times)

g2vd

g2vd

Quote from: Doctor Ash on Aug 11, 2016, 08:56:30 AM
Just another prequel, boldly going where everyone has gone before. [emoji12]

Will we ever have a trek show going forward again? [emoji20]
I have to agree while I like that period in time because the Klingons of course. but by doing this they are bascially chaining themselves to a Steel Pole as the ability for some truly unique and interesting stuff now has to be cut off generally

Want to do something with the Gorn? nope can't do that.

Want to do something with a new Klingon War? Nope can't do that.

Add on the fact that no matter how close they may try, the higher production values and general stuff will clash with the original series hard.

I mean was it too much to just set the series a few decades after "TNG"? if not a 100 than how about 50 or even 30 years post "TNG".

But nooo it has to be 10 years before the Original Series..

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Federation probably wouldn't last that long with Janeway as an admiral.

g2vd

g2vd

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 11, 2016, 04:50:12 PM
The Federation probably wouldn't last that long with Janeway as an admiral.
Now you know why the Enterprize seems to be the only ship they have. :D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I don't think there's anything wrong with a prequel. Just depends entirely on what story they want to tell. Personally I would have preferred something set in the Lost Era or focused on the Romulan War. As long as they have something interesting to put across to me.

Doctor Ash

Doctor Ash

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 12, 2016, 08:08:01 AM
I don't think there's anything wrong with a prequel. Just depends entirely on what story they want to tell. Personally I would have preferred something set in the Lost Era or focused on the Romulan War. As long as they have something interesting to put across to me.
I hope that we see at last the Sheliak again and maybe the Grizzelas, as the treaty of Armens was signed in 2255...

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 11, 2016, 07:36:15 AM
It'd be nice to see some of the actual Kztini conflict. The Caitans are the Kztini, right? Or am I misremembering.

http://trekcore.com/blog/2016/08/bryan-fuller-reveals-long-awaited-star-trek-discovery-details/

Some new Discovery details. Sounds like the show wont be focusing on the captain.

The Kzinti are actually a race that didn't originate from Star Trek. They were created by Larry Niven for his "Known Space" novel series.

But he did add them to Star Trek, he's the guy who wrote that episode in the animated series featuring the Kzinti. They seem to have liked them very much and have accepted them into ST canon.

I have a dream that one day... Predators will hunt Klingons... and it will be canon damn it!  ;D

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Aug 12, 2016, 02:22:36 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 11, 2016, 07:36:15 AM
It'd be nice to see some of the actual Kztini conflict. The Caitans are the Kztini, right? Or am I misremembering.

http://trekcore.com/blog/2016/08/bryan-fuller-reveals-long-awaited-star-trek-discovery-details/

Some new Discovery details. Sounds like the show wont be focusing on the captain.

The Kzinti are actually a race that didn't originate from Star Trek. They were created by Larry Niven for his "Known Space" novel series.

But he did add them to Star Trek, he's the guy who wrote that episode in the animated series featuring the Kzinti. They seem to have liked them very much and have accepted them into ST canon.

I have a dream that one day... Predators will hunt Klingons... and it will be canon damn it!  ;D

And Worf will get his ass kicked as usual.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Can't stop laughing at this. :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Haha!!!!!!  ;D That f**king roll. I used to do it all the time as a kid.

Going to watch Beyond again tonight, fit it in one last time before its done at cinema. Danny Pudi was apparently in the film. Gotta try and spot him!

Vermillion

Vermillion

I

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

^Not actually true.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Bold statement.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Vermillion on Aug 27, 2016, 07:43:04 PM
Bold statement.
QuoteHey Mr. Goldsmith, thanks for doing this AMA. I am just curious, having once been a red-shirted ensign on Star Trek (the Original Series), how does it feel to now be playing a cooler character than even James T. Kirk? Do you get stopped on the street often? Stay Thirsty My Friend!

Let me set the record straight... I have never appeared on Star Trek, if I remember correctly that is, which is always dubious.

http://interviewly.com/i/jonathan-goldsmith-aug-2013-reddit

https://twitter.com/hollyamos22/status/719002557981466624

Vermillion

Vermillion

Okay then. :)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Sorry if I offend any nerds but who the hell is Holly Amos? I saw some jokes that she was the data of voyager but... didn't really pay attention to that one. Meaning, how does she know?

{"Hey Mr. Goldsmith, thanks for doing this AMA. I am just curious, having once been a red-shirted ensign on Star Trek (the Original Series), how does it feel to now be playing a cooler character than even James T. Kirk? Do you get stopped on the street often? Stay Thirsty My Friend!"

"Let me set the record straight... I have never appeared on Star Trek, if I remember correctly that is, which is always dubious."}

Damn even the guy himself is unsure. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed