All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 346,357 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Sybok... eh... he'd need a major retool. Maybe the rock monster can be introduced along with him.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Lin can certainly rock the look and action, but he needs a good script. Other directors could bring raw power and passion to the project, regardless of the script they're working with. I wouldn't say he's bad a choice, just uninspired.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 23, 2014, 08:51:19 AM
The one rumor I'd heard was that the Vulcans were going to travel back in time to stop Nero from destroying Vulcan... and somehow Shatner would show up.

Oh geez. Look, I liked ID but that sounds like a bit much.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Hiring Lin got me thinking about other F&F directors. Besides the obvious, i.e. "Thank f**k it's not Rob Cohen," I was considering what James Wan could bring to the franchise. Imagine something like the Horta episode of TOS, but with a stronger horror bent.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

They just need to get away from Earth. In fact, I don't want to see Earth at all in the next film.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 23, 2014, 02:12:25 PM
They just need to get away from Earth. In fact, I don't want to see Earth at all in the next film.

Is this the Thor thread now? :laugh:

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 23, 2014, 02:12:25 PM

...why? Where are they going to go, Xandar?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I just want to see them actually do something on their five year space journey... Discover new things. The last two movies dealt with attacks on earth, which were cool, but now I want to see the crew go off and explore new places and species.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 23, 2014, 02:38:22 PM
I just want to see them actually do something on their five year space journey... Discover new things. The last two movies dealt with attacks on earth, which were cool, but now I want to see the crew go off and explore new places and species.

I concur. And I hope that's the case since they've actually set off on their five year mission at the end of STID.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Maybe we'll see the Borg, who knows.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 23, 2014, 04:33:31 PM

Maybe we'll see the Borg, who knows.

Oh God no, let them be.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Why? What's wrong with the Borg?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

They've been used a million times.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Not in the original series universe, they haven't.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

If they could barely handle them in TNG, it would spell doom for the new timeline or further soften the Borg by having them beat them. No, the Borg are done. Leave them be. They've been explored and defanged enough.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed