All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 348,476 times)

SM

SM

And that doesn't include TV stuff.

Teh interwebz givethz and teh interwebz tek awayz.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

They're all products of a different time and culture. Trek, in general, takes to season 3 to get going. And I stand by that. Even Enterprise. I loved S3 and S4 of Enterprise. TNG is love it or leave it. Some episodes I skip, some I watch. But I only own S3 onwards. I prefer Babylon 5 over TNG but I just prefer that arc based nature of storytelling.

As for Nemesis...I like the battle stuff in that. Pretty much that's all. I can watch it to see some ships blow each up if I don't wanna pay too much attention. I do hate B4.

SM

SM

That whole B4 thing and the Mad Max rip off seemed completely pointless.

I can watch bits of the TV shows.  If I stumble over Best Of Both Worlds on TV I'll always watch it for example.  I think the most I watched of any series was Voyager.  And even then it wasn't required viewing. But Janeway seemed to a bit more 'tude that Picard often lacked.  Voyager could've benefited from having more series spanning arcs with the characters.  They just don't seem that different at the end of the first episode to the end of the last episode.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: SM on Jul 14, 2014, 08:39:20 AM
I think the most I watched of any series was Voyager.
And just when I thought we could be friends. Fuh.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Voyager was a fresh start I felt because it dealt with uncharted territory (Delta quadrant). Viewers had a rough idea of what to expect sure, given the Star Trek name, but it was wholly new material. My fav series though is TOS.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Problem with Voyager was it was essentially TNG in its storytelling.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Enterprise.  Mirror Mirror arc. 

Awesome

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Indeed. S4 had some wonderful mini-arcs.

Shame the last episode was a pile of crap.

Vermillion

Vermillion

The final scene of the three Enterprises and the three Captain VoiceOver was nice. 

Actually better that the last TNG scene.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Why was it better?  TNG ended as it's own thing, and in a nice little character moment that featured all the main characters.
ENT ended with a focus on characters from another show.  Even the very last space shot, ENT is only a third of the scene.

For me, the finale of ENT was Terra Prime.  That other thing after it was just some weird "What If?" fan-fic.

SM

SM

Could never get into Enterprise.  That excrutiating opening music was hard to get past.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I can't stand Scott Bakula. That guy has his head up his ass. He once said in an interview on TV that no ST captain has ever bled before, that he was the first, and was the toughest one yet. I couldn't control my laughter.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 16, 2014, 11:40:25 AM
I can't stand Scott Bakula. That guy has his head up his ass. He once said in an interview on TV that no ST captain has ever bled before, that he was the first, and was the toughest one yet. I couldn't control my laughter.
You've said that before, but I do wonder if you're misremembering.  Bakula was reportedly annoyed when filming the ENT pilot when one of the producers told him that "...Star Trek Captain's don't bleed."

If Bakula did repeat/distort that asinine claim, perhaps his mistake was taking that producer seriously?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Could be, sure. In any event, it put me off Enterprise.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I like Bakula myself.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed