All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 346,355 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Out of the TNG films, it came the closest to recapturing the feeling of camaraderie that the original cast had. For me, at least.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I hated Insurrection so much. It's easily one of the worst Star Trek movies in my opinion.

Hubbs

Hubbs

'Generations' was the worst!!

'Undiscovered Country' is my best :)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

At least Generations was not super boring like Insurrection was. Insurrection was boring, the characters where not interesting, the humor was terribly painful and the CG was so cartoonish looking. Even back in 1998, the CG looked awful. I still think the visuals in First Contact hold up well.

SuperM

SuperM

Insurrection isn't bad! I like all star trek, but Insurrection had a strong message and held true to the meaning and virtues of what gene Roddenberry envisioned. Like SpaceMarines said, it came closest to recapturing the feeling of camaraderie that the original cast had as well.

It had some weak moments, the effects weren't great.. but it was a good TNG movie. First Contact is still the best though.

genocyber

genocyber

Isnurrection was a boring movie about rescuing space amish folk.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: SuperM on May 20, 2013, 11:39:17 AM
Insurrection had a strong message

Really? I hated the whole anti technology message that they were going for.

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 19, 2013, 11:49:28 PM
Three days since I've seen this and I'm still feeling excited thinking about it. Seriously considering going again in a week or so.

Me too, trying to find one of my friends who hasn't seen this yet or someone who will see it again with me.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

http://io9.com/star-trek-into-darkness-the-spoiler-faq-508927844

:laugh:

Spoiler
Quote— even better. So what wouldn't Khan's blood fix? Decapitation, but most other mortal wounds? Poisons? Phaser blasts, I bet. Certainly most other illnesses and cancers and such. And probably aging, at leats to an extent. So basically Bones has discovered the secret to eternal life, and not only will no one on the Enterprise ever need to die again unless their body is somehow destroyed, but all of the civilization — heck, probably galactic civilization – will be irrevocably changed because of this amazing discovery.

Uh, I don't think so. I think they just save Kirk and then forget about it.

Of course they do.
[close]

BANE

BANE

Spoiler
I'd assume for the same reason it was locked up and forgotten about in the first place.
[close]

ace3g

ace3g

Quote from: BANE on May 20, 2013, 08:28:14 PM
Spoiler
I'd assume for the same reason it was locked up and forgotten about in the first place.
[close]
Spoiler
Cause in the future we have these

[close]

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Hubbs on May 20, 2013, 05:14:04 AM
'Generations' was the worst!!

'Undiscovered Country' is my best :)

This guy...he knows what's up.

Insurrection was tolerable for a while. It just didn't feel like a movie but more like a bunch of TNG episodes glued together.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

That's actually kinda why I liked it; felt like watching the show, and I always enjoy a good TNG episode.

Aspie

Aspie

MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT: Needed more Karl Urban :P

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Aspie on May 21, 2013, 12:01:22 AM
MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT: Needed more Karl Urban :P

Agreed.

With the old series, the three leads were always Kirk, Spock, and McCoy. With the reboot, it's Kirk, Spock, and Uhura.

I need my Bones, damnit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed