All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 346,351 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 18, 2013, 05:11:57 PM
Dude, go watch it. But make sure you watch the TOS episode "Space Seed" first to understand the sequel properly.

I plan to watch all of the films, hopefully this summer :)

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 18, 2013, 09:36:32 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on May 18, 2013, 05:11:57 PM
Dude, go watch it. But make sure you watch the TOS episode "Space Seed" first to understand the sequel properly.

I plan to watch all of the films, hopefully this summer :)

Space Seed is not a film.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

This is just stupid, wishful thinking on my part, but it would be awesome if, at the end of the third film, they flash forward X years and an older Kirk and Spock (played by Shatner and Nimoy) are on the Enterprise bridge looking out while Shatner delivers the "Space...the final frontier" monologue.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 18, 2013, 10:15:44 PM
This is just stupid, wishful thinking on my part, but it would be awesome if, at the end of the third film, they flash forward X years and an older Kirk and Spock (played by Shatner and Nimoy) are on the Enterprise bridge looking out while Shatner delivers the "Space...the final frontier" monologue.

I don't find it stupid, I find it cool :)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Saw this today. Short version: f**king loved it. It's one of the best movies in the series, easily. I knew one of the major plot points going in, but still managed to surprise me quite a bit. I'll post my video review later and go into more detail there. A few points now, though:

1) Star Fleet has both Judge Dredd and RoboCop in its ranks. Awesome. :)

2) I was a little bummed when
Spoiler
Khan turned out to be a bad guy after all. I knew it was pretty much inevitable, but I was so psyched to see him and Kirk team up to kick Admiral RoboCop's ass.
[close]

3) I didn't expect
Spoiler
Nimoy's cameo, at all. That was a nice little surprise.
[close]

4) The next movie needs more Karl Urban in it. His screen time was a little lacking here, IMO.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 18, 2013, 11:03:37 PM
4) The next movie needs more Karl Urban in it. His screen time was a little lacking here, IMO.

I'm not sure I would say he was lacking (not as much as Anton Yelchin was, at least) but I would certainly love to see more of him next time. His interactions with the cast, especially Kirk and Spock, were excellent; I'd definitely go as far as to call Bones my favorite supporting character.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 18, 2013, 11:07:19 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on May 18, 2013, 11:03:37 PM

I'm not sure I would say he was lacking (not as much as Anton Yelchin was, at least) but I would certainly love to see more of him next time. His interactions with the cast, especially Kirk and Spock, were excellent; I'd definitely go as far as to call Bones my favorite supporting character.

Just a little lacking. I mean, he is the law, after all. ;)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Easily my favorite movie of 2013 so far. I think I love it just as much as I did with the first movie, if not even better. Seeing it in IMAX was epic. I think this movie is the first great movie of the summer while Iron Man 3 was good, but it could have been much better in my opinion.

Hubbs

Hubbs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMd1RBYTFLc#ws

I dunno, the homages and flip around's sound cool but it also feels like clever rehashing of old plot ideas. This is an alternative universe for Trek so lets see some new ideas hmm? maybe some fresh material instead of the same material just flipped around. Does that sound too picky?
I just feel they could be doing more interesting things seeing as they are starting anew. If the following films are just gonna be clever rehashes what the point?.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtjs7AJC1dw

Quote from: Hubbs on May 19, 2013, 02:52:12 AM
I dunno, the homages and flip around's sound cool but it also feels like clever rehashing of old plot ideas.

Honestly, calling the film a "clever rehash" is  doing it a great disservice. The film is mostly new, with a handful of scenes that are reworked versions of scenes from previous films.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

And as someone who has only ever seen a few odd episodes of the show and the 2009 film before this, I can easily say that whatever scenes were 'lifted' from the originals were done so in an extremely masterful way. Nothing felt like it was there just for the sake of being there; it all felt like a very natural progression of this movie's story.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Not to mention constants and variables are essential to any story featuring inter-dimensional traversals.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Remonster on May 13, 2013, 02:12:29 AM

Spoiler
It doesn't really matter though. I fail to see why people are making a huge deal over a white guy playing Kahn. How is it any different than a Spaniard playing him.
[close]

Spoiler
But yet no one bitch about Bane being played by a white guy  ::)
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on May 19, 2013, 03:35:01 AM
Quote from: Remonster on May 13, 2013, 02:12:29 AM

Spoiler
It doesn't really matter though. I fail to see why people are making a huge deal over a white guy playing Kahn. How is it any different than a Spaniard playing him.
[close]

Spoiler
But yet no one bitch about Bane being played by a white guy  ::)
[close]

Spoiler
And no one bitches about the fact that Montalban is about as Indian as I am. Apparently it's perfectly okay to use color blind casting, as long as the end result isn't white. ::)
[close]

Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 19, 2013, 03:34:21 AM
Not to mention constants and variables are essential to any story featuring inter-dimensional traversals.

Hello, Elizabeth. ;)

Hubbs

Hubbs

Personally I think they should of at least tanned Cumberbatch up a tad, just a hint, or at least a wig, something.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed