All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 348,578 times)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

IGN also give it a pretty good review as well. I tend to see it for myself since fanboys will nit pick about the dumbest things.

Nrage

Nrage

I shall reserve judgement 'til after I see it. What to these movie reviewers know anyways?

EEV2650

EEV2650

Quote from: Shasvre on May 03, 2013, 06:47:53 PM
Some really cool posters for the previous movies.

Those are soooo cool. I'd pay alot of money to have those all framed and on my living room wall. Any idea if these can be bought?

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

http://www.hollywood.com/news/movies/55008497/star-trek-into-darkness-trailer-analysis-john-harrison-klingon-khan?page=all

The problem with this guys theory of Harrison being a Klingon in disguise is that in the trailers we get glimpses of Harrison fighting Klingons.

scarhunter92

Hubbs

Hubbs

scarhunter92

ace3g

ace3g

edgarwright ‏@edgarwright 6h

There are 2120 shots in 'Star Trek Into Darkness'. I directed one of them. Looking forward to seeing the other 2119. pic.twitter.com/hu165p7PPN

robertmartin

robertmartin

I saw it two weeks ago and i think it was pretty much a solid, rip-roaring film. Full on adventure, brilliant acting, great plot and simply the summer movie to beat in my books.

bobby brown

bobby brown

Just saw the movie, was thoroughly entertained. benedict was kick-ass!!

ace3g

Magneto

Magneto

Quote from: bobby brown on May 10, 2013, 08:57:39 PM
Just saw the movie, was thoroughly entertained. benedict was kick-ass!!
Yup.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Saw this earlier.

Entertaining to watch and a decent sequel to the last one. More hand-to-hand battles than spaceship combat, which surprised me. Could actually predict the plot twists which were going on, but it was enjoyable to watch, so, much like knowing the ship's going to sink in 'Titanic', that didn't really matter because it was portrayed well.

Only one real criticism, but do not click on this unless you have seen it - contains a huge major spoiler.

Spoiler
Never been a fan of Benedict. Sure he's a lovely chap in person, but he has one of those faces, like Jack Black, which I have an irrational need to punch. Still, while he acted well...

Why did they make Khan a white guy?! Even the name makes it obvious he's not meant to be!

Torn between satisfaction and disappointment with that performance, actually. Satisfaction, because he presented a villainous personality which seemed formidable, but dissatisfied because he hadn't bothered to give that iconic character any of the same kind of body language or vocal rhythms. Didn't need to be an exact impersonation (although, Urban's McCoy is still extremely good, precisely because he reflects the original actor's turn so well), but this version should have been named something else. Why even bother if he's going to have such a different personality? Cold and methodical (and even a little bitchy), instead of being cat-like and cunning.

So, yes, torn a bit... If they had named him someone else and just had Khan's name imprinted upon one of the capsules, that would have had a darker impact. He both looked, sounded and felt like a completely different character. Might as well have gone the whole distance and simply had him be strongly 'influenced' by Khan's strategies.
[close]

Aside from that (perhaps relatively trivial) point, I liked and thought it set up things well for another sequel. One of those films where you can tell it's like pieces on a chess board being moved into place for the next act, but still happens to be a fun ride.

bobby brown

bobby brown

I have a big question  :P

*MAJOR SPOILERS*

Spoiler
WHy couldn't they use any blood from the 72cryo people? it had to be khans?
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed