All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 348,382 times)

Feral_PRED

Feral_PRED

Star Trek Into Darkness Launches Interactive Super Bowl App

Earlier this month, we reported that Paramount Pictures is teaming up with Qualcomm for a special smartphone app tied to the release of Star Trek Into Darkness, which will feature a special surprise unveiled during the second quarter of Super Bowl XLVII. With the big game just a few days away, the iPhone version has launched at the Apple store, with the Android version being released later today. We're still not sure what this app will unlock during the game on Sunday, but you can click on the photo to download the app for your iPhone. You can also read on for more details about what you can do with this unique application, plus details on a sweepstakes where fans can win a trip to the Star Trek Into Darkness premiere.
During the second quarter of the big game, the app will allow users the ability to unlock the first of many surprises during the airing of the Star Trek Into Darkness tv-spot, making this one of the most unique and interactive apps ever created for a movie. As a bonus, users who register for the app will be automatically entered into a sweepstakes for the chance to win a VIP trip to the U.S. premiere. To be the first to get the app and enter the sweepstakes, visit StarTrekMovie.com/CES.

Highlights of the app include:

An audio scan function that can be turned on to automatically recognize and reward users for watching Star Trek Into Darkness content on TV and other media;
An image scan function that enables users to interact with images printed or viewable in the real world;
A geofencing function for location-based experiences;
New Star Trek Into Darkness content, such as videos, images and wallpapers delivered directly to users' mobile devices;
Exclusive opportunities and special offers only available to app users;
One lucky sweepstakes winner will be rewarded with the grand prize of attending the Star Trek Into Darkness U.S. premiere.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/star-trek-into-darkness-launches-interactive-super-bowl-app

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jan 31, 2013, 04:52:38 PM
Quote from: Alienhunter15 on Jan 30, 2013, 06:17:59 PM
J.J. Abrams calls Star Trek Into Darkness his most "fun and challenging" filmmaking experience in this featurette

http://m.joblo.com/joblo/news/46864

What happened, some one told him to tone down the lens flare so he had to find other ways to add them?
Haven't heard that one before.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Alienseseses on Jan 31, 2013, 10:11:09 PM
Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jan 31, 2013, 04:52:38 PM
Quote from: Alienhunter15 on Jan 30, 2013, 06:17:59 PM
J.J. Abrams calls Star Trek Into Darkness his most "fun and challenging" filmmaking experience in this featurette

http://m.joblo.com/joblo/news/46864

What happened, some one told him to tone down the lens flare so he had to find other ways to add them?
Haven't heard that one before.

And you are going to hear a lot more of it when the movie comes out.
Be prepared.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Or you could just, y'know, take the needle off that broken record you have there.

Aspie

Aspie

I liked the lens flare, I thought it was stylish :P

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Jan 31, 2013, 12:17:44 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 31, 2013, 05:51:54 AM
Indeed, but...angry ST fanboyz.

ST's hardcore fandom is terrible. I don't give a f**k.

Star Wars' fanbase is no better...seems to me like they practically insulted George Lucas out of the director's chair for the rest of his life.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Thankfully enough they have not as much influence as they used to.

Aspie

Aspie

Regardless of the fanbases, I pumped for both movies. Especially Star Trek.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yup I agree 100%. Loved Abrams' first film.

Nothing against the new SW but there's far more known information about the new ST.

Shasvre

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Holeh sheet.  The Enterprise....

Feral_PRED

Feral_PRED

OMG!!! The Enterprise is going to be destroyed!!!  :o

SuperM

SuperM

nnnnnnoooooooooooooooooo

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

"I am better... than everything."

Sherlock Holmes is a kind of a douche, lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed