All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 346,369 times)

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Aspie on Dec 14, 2012, 04:28:36 PM
Given all the speculation, I must say that I am excited for this movie. Star Trek has been one of my favorite Sci-fi sagas, and J.J. Abrams took me by surprise last time. I personally won't dwell on the tiny details until I see more of the film.

Mmm, its a rental for me. I don't like J.J's take on it - but surprisingly I didn't hate it when I absolutely thought I would.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: ScardyFox on Dec 14, 2012, 05:05:30 PM
Given all the speculation, I must say that I am excited for this movie. Star Trek has been one of my favorite Sci-fi sagas, and J.J. Abrams took me by surprise last time. I personally won't dwell on the tiny details until I see more of the film.

Mmm, its a rental for me. I don't like J.J's take on it - but surprisingly I didn't hate it when I absolutely thought I would.

Honestly, it's the only Abrams movie I can tolerate. And I did like his version of Star Trek very much, even though it's not exactly what I wanted.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

What didn't sit well with you about it?

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

I really enjoyed 2009 Trek but TBH it just didn't feel like Star Trek. I still enjoyed it though, I'm looking forward to the next one so it isn't an issue, more an observation, I guess to some extent these reboots aren't supposed to feel entirely like what's gone before.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 14, 2012, 07:03:11 PM

What didn't sit well with you about it?

I suppose I don't like the fact that the Prime line was shuffled off to the side. It's hard to be brief about it really. That said, like I mentioned before I actually did enjoy it which was very surprising to me.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

They played the nine minutes when I saw The Hobbit and it was awesome. I love the Planet they were on and the 3D looked amazing too.

JaaayDee

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

f**k, it's already been taken down.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: JaaayDee on Dec 15, 2012, 06:25:10 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?&v=dnDUwzlv2ZM
Excellent preview. I think it's safe to assume that Spock makes it out of there alive.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

I found this on Tumblr, the text being; ♫Ain't no party like a jail cell party 'cause a jail cell party don staaaaap♫

((It looked like a massive subwoofer, so..))

On the other hand, I'm WAY excited!

JaaayDee

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I can't get the downloaded file to play. :(

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

You're supposed to download both parts and extract the video file with winrar.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: JaaayDee on Dec 15, 2012, 07:04:43 PM
You're supposed to download both parts and extract the video file with winrar.

Got it. ;)

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: JaaayDee on Dec 15, 2012, 06:25:10 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?&v=dnDUwzlv2ZM

God.... just 9 minutes and this movie already shows how stupid it is.

Spoiler
If they are on a planet of alien cavemen why the hell are they hiding underwater instead of being in orbit like they ALWAYS DO in Trek?

And then they cant teleport because they dont have "line of sight?" What the hell does that mean? They are never in "line of sight " in freaking Trek when teleporting. Well, almost never. And then there's the fact that in the last movie Scotty with the help of Old Spock invented that super duper teleporter that could teleport people light years away into a target that is moving at Warp speed with little trouble and all of that sudden that was forgotten? Now some rock formations pose a problem?
[close]

God, seriously, these movies are as dumb as all the Transformers flick. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed