Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Dec 06, 2012, 08:50:45 PM
Betting on Gary Mitchell myself.

Same here. The synopsis mentions a "threat from within their own."

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Definitely looking forward to seeing Dr. Dredd McCoy back. :laugh:

Also, between this, Smaug, and The Necromancer, Cumberbatch could potentially be the movie villain of 2013.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The trailer was amazing.  I also just saw the Japanese extended trailer and the trailer has a nod to Wrath Of Khan.

Spoiler
I guess Spock will end up being killed?
[close]

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

What makes you think that?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BrHlQUXFzfw#t=54s

Spoiler
@1:02 The scene with Kirk and Spock in the trailer reminds me at the end of WoK.
[close]

Ruadh

Ruadh

Which suggests nothing about Spock being killed. You don't actually even know if that's Spock and Kirk. It's a blue shirt and someone else putting their hands against glass. Could be two guys saying goodbye in prison.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Dec 06, 2012, 09:35:21 PM

How do you get Gary Mitchell who was a psychic from this dude running around with a bunch of weapons punching everyone?

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Dec 07, 2012, 12:21:32 AM

How do you get Gary Mitchell who was a psychic from this dude running around with a bunch of weapons punching everyone?

He certainly looks special. And it's not like they can't reinvent the character in some aspects. New continuity, bro.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Dec 07, 2012, 01:22:23 AM
Quote from: DaddyYautja on Dec 07, 2012, 12:21:32 AM

He certainly looks special. And it's not like they can't reinvent the character in some aspects. New continuity, bro.

Im not saying he cant be the dude i am just asking how did you come to that theory.
It seems pretty random a conclusion from what little we saw.

Ruadh

Ruadh

The blonde woman is also being compared to the chick in the Gary Mitchell episode, Where No Man Has Gone Before:

It'd also make a lot of sense, since wasn't that the second pilot of the series? The first one with Kirk? Which would be a fitting way to kick off the crew's adventures, now that they ARE really a crew.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Ruadh on Dec 07, 2012, 02:29:18 AM
The blonde woman is also being compared to the chick in the Gary Mitchell episode, Where No Man Has Gone Before:

http://www.pinkraygun.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Star_Trek_silver-eyes.jpg

It'd also make a lot of sense, since wasn't that the second pilot of the series? The first one with Kirk? Which would be a fitting way to kick off the crew's adventures, now that they ARE really a crew.

The women do match but the men do not at all.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Ruadh on Dec 07, 2012, 02:29:18 AM

http://www.pinkraygun.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Star_Trek_silver-eyes.jpg

Yes, that would be the one. I guess it could be here, certainly.

Just read this. It echoes everything you guys are postulating.

Ruadh

Ruadh

Awesome.

Shasvre

Shasvre

A description of the 9 minute long footage.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=71101

Quote"The first half of the footage begins with Noel Clarke and Kayla Hassan as parents visiting their sick child – who appears to be losing her hair – in the hospital. We see Cumberbatch come up from behind Clarke while he is standing on a terrace grieving and the mystery man says, "I can save her. I can save your daughter." As an extra tease, Clarke actually asks Cumberbatch who he is, but instead of getting an answer we just get a slow zoom on the Sherlock actor's face. So we know that his character has some kind of healing ability – whether he's a doctor or it's something supernatural – but we remain in the dark about his actual name.

That part takes up all of two minutes, leaving the rest of the footage to focus on the crew of the Enterprise – Abrams' really living up to his word in that respect. As seen in the trailer that was released this past week, Kirk (Chris Pine) and Bones (Karl Urban) are down on a strange planet with weird red plants running for their life while Uhura (Zoe Saldana), Sulu (John Cho) and Spock (Zachary Quinto) are flying around on a hovercraft somewhere else on the same world dealing with an erupting volcano that threatens to destroy everything on the planet (this also happens to be the scene where Spock is wearing the volcano suit that we got to see not only in on-set photos but also the three-frame clip that Abrams brought to Conan last month). It's an interesting way to re-introduce the characters, as they are seemingly three-quarters through a mission we know very little about, but it's definitely thrilling and by the end the stakes are so high that you become immediately engaged with what's going on."

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I really need to stop being lazy and watch the 2009 film. I've heard nothing but good things, I just have yet to find the opportunity to give it a watch...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed