OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

So i herd dis thred is abaht Star Treksz

Jeremy Aiello's maquette:

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Shouldn't be a High Chancellor at his age?

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

I wonder if this is official because I remember something along the lines of he will never be able to obtain the rank of captain from his record.

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Well he's the right hand man of the new Chancellor (Martok) by teh end of DS9 I think. i doubt he'd outright leave Starfleet though, but long career breaks and trips to the Empire he seems to take regularly in TNG & DS9.
Can't remember the ban from Captain rank though I do remember Picard putting a mark on his record. The writers could easily ignore something along those lines though.
I'm interested how likely this actually is and how it fits in with the new movies. I don't see any reason why it couldn't happen just because of teh movies.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Bjørn Half-hand on Oct 25, 2012, 09:09:55 PM
Well he's the right hand man of the new Chancellor (Martok) by teh end of DS9 I think. i doubt he'd outright leave Starfleet though, but long career breaks and trips to the Empire he seems to take regularly in TNG & DS9.
Can't remember the ban from Captain rank though I do remember Picard putting a mark on his record. The writers could easily ignore something along those lines though.
I'm interested how likely this actually is and how it fits in with the new movies. I don't see any reason why it couldn't happen just because of teh movies.

It was something in DS9 when he disobeyed orders to rescue Jadzia and their spy they were suppose to collected was left to die. I can't remember exactly... I should look it up.

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: ScardyFox on Oct 25, 2012, 09:18:31 PM
Quote from: Bjørn Half-hand on Oct 25, 2012, 09:09:55 PM

It was something in DS9 when he disobeyed orders to rescue Jadzia and their spy they were suppose to collected was left to die. I can't remember exactly... I should look it up.

Ah right I vaguely remember that.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

I found it. It's not adamant (that he wouldn't) but its pretty damning. Anyway be damned with that, I would kill for another Star Trek set in the prime universe.

Back on Deep Space 9, Dax gets the health care she needs. However, things do not go as well for her husband: his actions have led to Lasaran's death. Captain Sisko demands an explanation, and Worf tells him that as he went further and further into the jungle, he knew that he there was no way he could leave his wife behind, even though the intelligence that Starfleet has lost could have saved millions of lives. Captain Sisko tells Worf that the secrecy of the operation and Starfleet's desire to keep their intelligence activities under wraps will save him a court martial, but there will be a permanent note in his service record. As a result, Worf will almost certainly never be offered a command of his own after the incident. Sisko also issues orders that Worf and Dax are to be never sent on a mission alone again. However, off the record the Captain tells Worf that as a man who once had a wife, that if it had been Jennifer lying there in the jungle, he would have made the same choice.

ace3g

ace3g

Nine-Minute 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Prologue to Hit With 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' in IMAX 3D

http://www.slashfilm.com/nine-minute-star-trek-into-darkness-prologue-to-hit-with-the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-in-imax-3d/

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Well looks like I found a reason to see The Hobbit now...

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

I bought my tickets to see The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey in IMAX 3D at the IMAX ODEON in Liverpool. I hope to hell that we don't get f**ked about! This is just an awesome added bonus if we get it too!!!!

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 15, 2012, 11:51:41 AM
Well looks like I found a reason to see The Hobbit now...

>implying the movie itself wasn't enough reason

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

So Star Trek Into Darkness will be in 3D? I didn't know that. Hopefully a teaser trailer and poster will be released soon.

ace3g

ace3g

Exclusive: First Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer Also Premiering Dec. 14th

Star Trek Into Darkness Trailer To Show With (non-IMAX) Hobbit Movie

TrekMovie has exclusively learned from multiple trusted sources that the first trailer for Star Trek Into Darkness will premiere with screenings of Peter Jackson's The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey on December 14th. To be clear this Trek trailer is a completely different thing than the 9-minute preview of the beginning of the new movie which will be shown at IMAX screenings of the Hobbit film. Also TrekMovie has confirmed that the IMAX screenings will not be showing the trailer for Star Trek Into Darkness. So if you want trailer see non-IMAX Hobbit and if you want preview of opening 9 minutes see IMAX Hobbit.

Details are still sketchy on the trailer itself, however TrekMovie has confirmed it is not a condensed version of the 9-minute preview showing on IMAX. Specifically sources confirm the trailer contains material from many parts of the movie. We have also learned that this is a traditional theatrical trailer and not just short teaser trailer.

http://trekmovie.com/2012/11/15/exclusive-first-star-trek-into-darkness-trailer-also-premiering-dec-14th/

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

One more Month to go!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed