All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 348,565 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I still haven't seen any Star Trek films, not even the new one...I know I should get on that soon. I've seen a few odd episodes of TOS and enjoyed them more than I thought I would.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Doesn't matter that there's a subtitle. The fact remains that a movie called Star Trek II already exists, and making another film with that title would just lead to completely unnecessary confusion.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 08, 2012, 09:03:10 PM
I still haven't seen any Star Trek films, not even the new one...I know I should get on that soon. I've seen a few odd episodes of TOS and enjoyed them more than I thought I would.

INSTANT LOSS OF RESPECT!

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

I'm wasn't big on Star Trek but I absoultely loved '09.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Laufey on Sep 08, 2012, 05:53:29 AM
New title to be Star Trek Into Darkness?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=66935

I dont believe it, you cant add lens flare in darkness.

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 08, 2012, 09:05:21 PM
Doesn't matter that there's a subtitle. The fact remains that a movie called Star Trek II already exists, and making another film with that title would just lead to completely unnecessary confusion.

Whilst I agree, don't most people simply refer to Star Trek II as Wrath of Khan? Or at least in my experience.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Usually, yeah.

Christ, I gotta rewatch these things soon. I saw a boxset of the first six movies on DVD going for pretty cheap a while back. Really tempted to pick that up.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I think the Star Trek trilogy (Star Trek II - IV ) are worth checking. You don't need to see that much of the show to know what is going on. Star Trek: The Motion Picture is alright, they hardly mention or talk about the movie in any of the other films.

the motion picture sort of sets up the movie series. but 2-4 are like a trilogy. I say watch them all though :D

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Star Trek V is viewed as the worst movie in the series but you can find enjoyment out of it since it's so bad. View it as you would do with Troll 2. I find Insurrection to be the worst. Such a boring and dull film, I can hardly sit through it.

Vakarian

Vakarian

The only thing about Star Trek that i've watched or had any interest in was the Re-make and Picard Gif's.  :P

Also I don't really like Star Wars all that much either.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

From what little I've seen of Star Trek, its so different from Star Wars that they can't even be compared. Star Wars (which I love) is more of a fantasy/mythological story in a sci-fi setting, while Star Trek is futuristic space exploration (based on the little bits of the show that I've seen, of course).

I do want to check out some more Trek stuff one of these days...

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I've watched bits and pieces of all the series. I really like them all in different ways (yes, even Enterprise). It's a really fun series.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed