All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 346,415 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Looks like Benicio Del Toro will be offered the role as villain in this.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118045646

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

This MUST happen!

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Oh, f**k yeah. He'd be great.

he'd make a pretty good Klingon.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

I've seen Star Trek (2009) lately and I must say while great-looking and with decent cast it epitomized limits of this kind of cinema...The plot was rather thin, and (I don't like quoting movie critics) to quote Ebert "the Gene Roddenberry years, when stories might play with questions of science, ideals or philosophy, have been replaced by stories reduced to loud and colorful action"...It was an enjoyable experience--3/5 from me, and it paved the way for future sequels without tainting them with ridiculousness all right, but there was something missing from the actual movie, but I hope it all become more fleshed out in future installments.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

WTF, Star Trek was everything a summer blockbuster should be IMO. Aside from the underused villain. :P

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

I didn't say it wasn't! :) But yeah, I agree about villain, though in the end the storyline didn't have that much subplots, and certainly they involved very few characters.

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Nov 09, 2011, 10:23:15 AM
WTF, Star Trek was everything a summer blockbuster should be IMO. Aside from the underused villain. :P

I originally did think Eric Bana's Nero was very underused, but I've came to appreciate how he is used in the film. If they had him in more and more, he might have been less as cool and awesome! I think he's in it enough! This is coming from somebody who moaned that he wasn't in it enough at first. HaHa.

The Mercenary

The Mercenary

I hoped they would recast Scotty, he just didn't feel like he'd become the Scotty we know. I just can't see the new Scotty ever being called The Miracle Worker.

SM

SM

QuoteI didn't say it wasn't!  But yeah, I agree about villain, though in the end the storyline didn't have that much subplots, and certainly they involved very few characters.

Very few?  Characters like Sulu and Uhura got a lot more to do in this than they used to in previous films.  More to do than McCoy certainly.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: The Mercenary on Nov 11, 2011, 10:22:47 PM
I hoped they would recast Scotty, he just didn't feel like he'd become the Scotty we know. I just can't see the new Scotty ever being called The Miracle Worker.

But... we're talking about Simon Pegg. He's awesome.

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Nov 13, 2011, 10:59:32 PM
Quote from: The Mercenary on Nov 11, 2011, 10:22:47 PM

But... we're talking about Simon Pegg. He's awesome.

I agree! Awesome!

Shasvre

Shasvre

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Giacchino is the shit. Great news! :)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Alice Eve has joined the cast as well.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=50510

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed