Your thoughts on DownLoadable Content a.k.a DLC for this game

Started by The_Silencer, Dec 30, 2009, 08:43:24 PM

DLC.. What you gonna do?

Hell Yeah!
Yes, why not. Initially for free and then I purchase new DLC.
I'm not buying it so I don't care
No way. I prefer Fan Made Content.
I'd like to have DLC as well as Fan Made Content
Author
Your thoughts on DownLoadable Content a.k.a DLC for this game (Read 10,815 times)

diablo949494

diablo949494

Now, these days i haven't seen much in terms of MODDING communities blowing the original game clear out of the water. BUT I did see large MOD projects that aim at balancing a game that was originally strategically impaired which made the original game completely unplayable but since it was a fantastic inspiring game to begin with, it was almost a must to have the mod.    ---TALKING ABOUT HOMEWORLD 2 HERE.
But in terms of action shooters,3rd persons or first..there really is no real need for it unless there is something TERRIBLY WRONG or unforgiving about the original release.
Or perhaps, its things that didn't quite get developed on time and made it out as a Patch.

The_Silencer

AJL

SDK... for me... Without modding this game is not going to hold my intrest for
long no matter how good it maybe... No DLC is going to change that...

Xhan

They already have your money, they could give a rat's ass.

dude63

Its obvious dlc will come. It only makes sense. However, wouldn't they wantto see the reaction and such from the community adnd how large it is before planning anything? Who knows maybe SEGA and Rebellion already have one planed post month of release.

AMC_Duke

Rebellion stated the game will use steamworks so i dont think it also uses games for windows live...
in steam you can richt klick on your game and buy the DLC or get it for free if its a free DLC and i agree 4 maps for about 7$ is a bit  :( but if its a bit more i have no problems with DLC

DrHobo

Jekku

Quote from: Swizzly64 on Dec 31, 2009, 11:17:29 AM
Quote from: The_Silencer on Dec 31, 2009, 05:59:46 AM
http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/
oh f**k, this looks insane. time to get crysis again from my friend  :o

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded.  Were the specs on here or something?

Cal427eb

Quote from: Jekku on Jan 01, 2010, 01:35:27 AM
Quote from: Swizzly64 on Dec 31, 2009, 11:17:29 AM
Quote from: The_Silencer on Dec 31, 2009, 05:59:46 AM
http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/
oh f**k, this looks insane. time to get crysis again from my friend  :o

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded.  Were the specs on here or something?
Its saying the same thing for me. ???

DrHobo

Yep, it's saying the same for me now.

But i can assure you, the mod is insanely goooood :D

That is, if you're a Mechwarrior-Fan ;)

The_Silencer

Cool, glad you like it as well. I thought it could be good during the waiting. ;) As for the download you better use both of the torrents (big beta 1 and update).

Now, please, back to the topic :)

Commander Griker

I'd like to have DLC as well as Fan Made Content like they did with AvP 2

affinity

they should charge for DLC so we get quality content.   Any smart consumer knows a good business doesn't deliver quality content for free.   

Left 4 Dead tried free content and look at the insignificant junk they released for it instead of actual new campaigns that are as long as the ones on the disk (5 maps per campaign)

the best DLC for AVP though would be of course more Multiplayer map packs that can also be used for all modes including co-op too.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

i hate paying for a game and then having to pay to play for DLC just to play it as it was intended to be played, i think all DLC should be added to the game while its in development....
Its a rip-off if you ask me, most devs just take out parts of the game then charge you for it later down the line.
Thats the anoying thing about the console industry, back in the days this kind of thing never happend to us PC guys but as the industry gets bigger so does the greed of game developers.. but hay.. if people are dumb enough to go out and pay £4 for a map or a skin that they will prob only use once or twice then thats there problem.. im gonna stick with PC where i can get my DLC for free.

Le Celticant

If I'm 100% sure that there won't be a SDK for the game, I'll probably come back on AVP2.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed