Your thoughts on DownLoadable Content a.k.a DLC for this game

Started by The_Silencer, Dec 30, 2009, 08:43:24 PM

DLC.. What you gonna do?

Hell Yeah!
Yes, why not. Initially for free and then I purchase new DLC.
I'm not buying it so I don't care
No way. I prefer Fan Made Content.
I'd like to have DLC as well as Fan Made Content
Author
Your thoughts on DownLoadable Content a.k.a DLC for this game (Read 10,762 times)

DrHobo

Quote from: Rikomaru on Dec 31, 2009, 12:23:58 AM
Quote from: Swizzly64 on Dec 31, 2009, 12:12:03 AM
They should add DLC for singleplayer plus skins for MP. But not MP maps :/

Kinda splitting the MP community apart with DLC maps in MP (Also because not everybody has a credit card to pay for it. Just assuming, you could only buy it like that)
You can buy with points or Iam wrong ?
And how do you get the points? :/

Jekku

Quote from: Swizzly64 on Dec 31, 2009, 12:29:43 AM
Quote from: Rikomaru on Dec 31, 2009, 12:23:58 AM
Quote from: Swizzly64 on Dec 31, 2009, 12:12:03 AM
They should add DLC for singleplayer plus skins for MP. But not MP maps :/

Kinda splitting the MP community apart with DLC maps in MP (Also because not everybody has a credit card to pay for it. Just assuming, you could only buy it like that)
You can buy with points or Iam wrong ?
And how do you get the points? :/
Umm, with 360 you can buy 1600 point cards at retail stores for $19.99.

Rikomaru

same for Ps3 not the price but can get a scrubble card where you get a code that you have to type in and voila getting points.

DrHobo

Ok, never  saw the point cards in stores for consoles.

But I think PC buyers will have to use a credit card, since there are no points to purchase in a store.

Rikomaru

Quote from: Swizzly64 on Dec 31, 2009, 12:52:27 AM
Ok, never  saw the point cards in stores for consoles.

But I think PC buyers will have to use a credit card, since there are no points to purchase in a store.

Dude for PC the player themeself will create mods maps and skins. You re not very experienced in gaming nowdays ? I don't want to be offensive

DrHobo

I know we could have mods, maps and skins. But if Rebellion launches a DLC for every platform, I would want to buy it too.

Back in the old days I also made some skins for Jedi Knight etc.

But I don't have enough experience on how DLCs are handled (which payments are possible etc.) nowadays, because I never downloaded a DLC before for a PC game, because it wasn't worth the money.

A DLC for MP is a must for me.

And I don't have any concerns myself, since I own a mastercard :)

Rikomaru

Ah sorry but I think the extra stuff will be handled like  in Fallout 3

DrHobo

Ok, after couple of minutes I've learned a few things.

For PC DLC, you must install Games for Windows LIVE to access the Windows Marketplace.

You can buy XBOX-LIVE points in stores and download PC DLCs from the Marketstore with them.

I was just confused because there were only XBOX-LIVE Pointsin stores and I thought it would only work with the consoles.

Rikomaru

Makes sense I mean xbox =microsoft ?

MadassAlex

/sighs

I miss the good old days of expansion packs.

Cal427eb

Depends if they are as bad as the CoD 4 or WaW map packs no thans but fingers crossed for free DLC like in Battlefiled Bad Company.

diablo949494

diablo949494

IF and thats IF they choose to release an SDK or mod tools, think about it. This is a highend game with high end content. This isn't your 90 polygon challenge or your one texture fits all scheme.
If you're serious about a mod package tool, then be absolutely willing to commit to highend level detail mods that only big studios have the time to do. Nobody is going to waste their time downloading a ludicrous texture mod or anything thats less than extraordinary.
Its not your hobbiest going at it, its your balls to the walls production artist.
On that note,
If there would be any modding going on, to the general gamer, hobbiest modder,they should allow content to be altered at the programming level, ie speed of a NPC, number of NPC, limit of such and such. Much less the same as programmer logics that anyone could figure out and manipulate to their own desire.

I don't believe there is much use today for mod tools unless its for a massive multiplayer world where you could make your character a zebra headed lion bodied archer or something out of warcraft.

This is considered NEX GEN or whatever that means, so there is far much more things you would rather be doing than to consider going full out and redesign the Alien or predator as such unless you're totally artistically inclined to create something that could the current model out of the water (i think they got it close already but a little here and there touches-personally i would consider a full TOUCH UP MOD that would fix minor little things for both alien and pred models).

Please do not even consider full MOD TOOLS and character customization if your a beginner at game modification or 3D modeling. Just play the game as is. This isn't your 90 polygon per character AVP1(so last decade). If you want to MOD then you should try modding the 1st one. Its well worth it and considering its technology any improvements like the H.R. mods. would be super cool)

The COMPANY has spent alot of time to make this shindig badass.Not for you to poop on.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The_Silencer

Quote from: diablo949494 on Dec 31, 2009, 05:05:25 AM
IF and thats IF they choose to release an SDK or mod tools, think about it. This is a highend game with high end content. This isn't your 90 polygon challenge or your one texture fits all scheme.
If you're serious about a mod package tool, then be absolutely willing to commit to highend level detail mods that only big studios have the time to do. Nobody is going to waste their time downloading a ludicrous texture mod or anything thats less than extraordinary.
Its not your hobbiest going at it, its your balls to the walls production artist.
On that note,
If there would be any modding going on, to the general gamer, hobbiest modder,they should allow content to be altered at the programming level, ie speed of a NPC, number of NPC, limit of such and such. Much less the same as programmer logics that anyone could figure out and manipulate to their own desire.

I don't believe there is much use today for mod tools unless its for a massive multiplayer world where you could make your character a zebra headed lion bodied archer or something out of warcraft.

This is considered NEX GEN or whatever that means, so there is far much more things you would rather be doing than to consider going full out and redesign the Alien or predator as such unless you're totally artistically inclined to create something that could the current model out of the water (i think they got it close already but a little here and there touches-personally i would consider a full TOUCH UP MOD that would fix minor little things for both alien and pred models).

Please do not even consider full MOD TOOLS and character customization if your a beginner at game modification or 3D modeling. Just play the game as is. This isn't your 90 polygon per character AVP1(so last decade). If you want to MOD then you should try modding the 1st one. Its well worth it and considering its technology any improvements like the H.R. mods. would be super cool)

The COMPANY has spent alot of time to make this shindig badass.Not for you to poop on.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

From a modding standpoint your post sounds quite challenging. You would be amazed about what modders can do with a game :D

diablo949494

I just saw the thread on MOD Tools release in the subject line, suddenly i felt i posted this in the wrong thread.   :P

The_Silencer

Time to copy & paste then :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed