Dark Horse Presents # 36 Alternate Cover?

Started by ArwingAssultX, Dec 28, 2009, 01:07:36 AM

Author
Dark Horse Presents # 36 Alternate Cover? (Read 6,367 times)

ArwingAssultX

I was looking around during the Fan Expo Convention in Toronto This summer and found DHP # 36 along with several others I was missing. Then after I got back home I visited a local Flea Market and found        DHP# 36 but with a different Cover, anyone know anything about it? Is it rare? was it a special AVP thing?

Thanks

Mr. Domino

Dark Horse Presents # 36 is the first 'actual' AVP story, even though it is the third part of a story that began in issue # 34 (the first part just featured the Aliens, whereas the second part featured the Predators. It is in issue # 36 that they meet). The issue shipped with two different covers, cover A featuring art by Dave Dorman, and cover B (the 'variant', as it were) having art by Chris Warner. Each cover featured a larger, uncropped version of the art from the other cover on its back cover.

ArwingAssultX

ok, thanks I own the ones before it, again thanks for the quck answer.

ArwingAssultX

I cant belive that, seen it a million times for 10 bucks or less got a mint copy for 5 bucks and the Alternate for cheaper. Seriously people who would buy that!

XenoVC

First I've ever heard of those bootleg avp novels.

Rambo

I thought I remembered reading about a full size poster going on sale of Dorman's cover, but that might just have been for his AVP issue #1 cover (I know that one did get a poster version, for something like $80). Or am I just crazy.

ArwingAssultX

Dont remember that, that doesent make you crazy, lol

SM

QuoteFirst I've ever heard of those bootleg avp novels.

I've known about them for years - though wouldn't have the faintest idea as to their content or quality.

shazam

Quote from: SM on Jan 04, 2010, 05:25:35 AM
QuoteFirst I've ever heard of those bootleg avp novels.
I've known about them for years - though wouldn't have the faintest idea as to their content or quality.

Three Aliens, two Predator, and two AVP bootleg novels have been written by Hungarian authors. All of them are (almost) terrible...

ArwingAssultX

Never saw any bootleg before, must have to get 'em in a back alley. Joking.

Xeno

Quote from: vikingspawn on Dec 30, 2009, 03:57:53 PM
A 9.8 graded DHP #36 is currently at $125 on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DARK-HORSE-36-CGC-MT-9-8-1ST-ALIENS-PREDATOR-VARIANT_W0QQitemZ220530281168QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3358a10ad0

:o
Purchased a copy on eBay for $3,95. Frontcover signed by Chris Warner and Backcover by Dave Dorman.  ;D

Mr. Domino

Ah, that's cool. My copies aren't signed by Warner, I've never met him.

Proj2501

I'm surprised to see how much they are selling for. I had ALL the original Aliens and Pred comics (single issues too) and my dad accidently threw them away on me! (Man i was PISSED, but tragedies occur occasionally.)

I have a hardcover of Aliens: Tribes signed by Dorman and Bisset that somehow survived all these years.

I'm very happy we have the OMNIBUS collections. Better to have something than nothing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed