Metal.

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 29, 2006, 10:38:37 PM

Author
Metal. (Read 71,151 times)

Forever Knight

Forever Knight

Any word on a new Iced Earth, Blind Guardian, or Demons & Wizards album?.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Blind Guardian just released a new album. I think it's called At The Edge Of Time.

Forever Knight

Forever Knight

How is it?.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

I like it. They moved back towards epic power metal which is probably their strongest genre. My only gripe is that the solos aren't that strong... but then, they've never reached the level of Imaginations From The Other Side again.

Forever Knight

Forever Knight

I still love the first BG album the best.

BATTALIONSSSS OF FEEEEAAAAAA!!!!

RomanianGuy

RomanianGuy

Am I the only metal fan here who despises the majority (not all) of the ultra proud viking metal bands, that take their mythological stuff too serious? They act like they're some kind of metal gods, yet they haven't made anything that people will care about in the next 10 years. No offense to people who like them. They can be sweet sometimes, but I just can't take them seriously. The nordics should stick to playing metal, just not nationalist metal. Because of them, lots of kids who are into metal have started being all "Thor rulez" everywhere. Seriously, that's not what metal is about.

Same thing with folk metal bands, it's a fad now. Every single one of them thinks they're so epic, and feel like they're from Lord Of The Rings or something. Some of them are definetly good, but those boys from Nuclear Blast overproduce them like pop music.

Just my 2 cents.

Forever Knight

Forever Knight

Stop despising and open ur mind to it.

There is no better feeling that listening a "Viking" Metal song to a Satanic Black Metal song.

I love tr00 f**king metullllll

VEF214

VEF214

Quote from: RomanianGuy on Sep 04, 2010, 09:26:40 PM
Am I the only metal fan here who despises the majority (not all) of the ultra proud viking metal bands, that take their mythological stuff too serious? They act like they're some kind of metal gods, yet they haven't made anything that people will care about in the next 10 years. No offense to people who like them. They can be sweet sometimes, but I just can't take them seriously. The nordics should stick to playing metal, just not nationalist metal. Because of them, lots of kids who are into metal have started being all "Thor rulez" everywhere. Seriously, that's not what metal is about.

Same thing with folk metal bands, it's a fad now. Every single one of them thinks they're so epic, and feel like they're from Lord Of The Rings or something. Some of them are definetly good, but those boys from Nuclear Blast overproduce them like pop music.

Just my 2 cents.

I hate it too.

"AND THE DRAGON CAME DOWN AND SMOTE THE VILLAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAGE!

No thanks. It's a disgrace to real metal right alongside pirate metal.

Forever Knight

Forever Knight

So which Metal do you prefer over the "Viking" Metal?....

VEF214

VEF214

Quote from: VEF214 on Sep 06, 2010, 02:43:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLB1pgI0kPE

Can't go wrong with MH.

when are they having another album, their last one (the blackening) was great but it seems forever ago!

Forever Knight

Forever Knight

I really think Children of Bodom could be so much better if they removed the keyboards from the band, Warmen is just cheese.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

That's because their only way of playing keyboards is by playing TONAL music which has NEOCLASSICAL touches of keyboards. They have NO IMAGINATION whatsoever to break the scale and play it in a visionary atonal style, just like Brian Eno with Roxy Music or Allen Ravenstine with Pere Ubu, or Robin Amos with Cul de Sac, etc. and they will NEVER transcend these limitations and will remain stuck with their ancient archetypes of music FOREVER.

Vulhala

Vulhala

I saw a couple of Machine Head videos on TV last night, and I'd like to hear more of their stuff. Anyone reccommend a good album to start with? Or should I just go through chronologically?

i would start with the burning red tbh

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed