Metal.

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 29, 2006, 10:38:37 PM

Author
Metal. (Read 70,505 times)

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

Shit metal is still metal.  Deal with it.  Just because Slipknot do not measure up to your personal standards of technicality doesn't mean they are not metal.  Do you think today's RnB (rhythm and blues) is the same as RnB back in the 1950s?  No of course it isn't but musical genres (d)evolve.

chopperbuilder

chopperbuilder

hmmm nobish quistion what would you call a band like static x?? metal or hard rock??

NikTh

NikTh

SikTh has it all!!!

It has been a while (for me at least) that I came across a (relatively new) band that is refreshing, balls to the wall, punching and thought out well.

They're not that "big" but I recommend them to anyone who loves a bit of aggressive, freaky, tech- metal!

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Feb 14, 2008, 05:16:13 PM
Shit metal is still metal.  Deal with it.  Just because Slipknot do not measure up to your personal standards of technicality doesn't mean they are not metal.  Do you think today's RnB (rhythm and blues) is the same as RnB back in the 1950s?  No of course it isn't but musical genres (d)evolve.

There are relatively strict qualifications for classyifying a band as metal.

Slipknot's guitar is slow, not to mention a lack of solos. It's nothing more than guitar punching.

Tell real metalheads that you like Slipknot and they'll laugh in your face.

This place is basically the bible of metal:

http://www.metal-archives.com/

It is ran and supported by metalheads, they categorize thousands of metal bands, and guess what band isn't even on the site?

But please, go on the site, make a thread that says SLIPKNOT RULES AND IS METAL, and see what kind of responses you get.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Quote from: chopperbuilder on Feb 14, 2008, 07:47:14 PM
hmmm nobish quistion what would you call a band like static x?? metal or hard rock??

Industrial Metal.

I like a lot of their old stuff.

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

A bunch of nostalgic, elitist, pricks on the internet say it isn't metal?  OH NOES.

Protip:  They don't get to decide what is and isn't metal.  Try forming your own opinion.

I'm not going to start a "SLIPKNOT RULES" thread because I don't think Slipknot rule.  They are not my cup of tea.  HOWEVER I can accept that they are part of the metal genre without becoming super-defensive and offended.  Guess what?  Just because a band is metal and shit, it doesn't actually degrade bands that are metal and good.  It's only degraded if you allow it to be.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Feb 15, 2008, 12:23:35 AM
Try forming your own opinion.

I have my own. People who group Slipknot into metal might as well go ahead and slap Linkin Park and MCR in metal as well, which shits on Sabbath, Megadeth, Iron Maident, Judas Priest etc.

I'll drop it.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I don't think Linkin Park is metal.

Corporal Harrison

Corporal Harrison

woohoo OZZIE OSBOURNE IS TOURING AUSTRALIA.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

NikTh

NikTh

...something a Pred's helmet is made off?

::)

Gates

Gates

That was just beyond lame...

severen76

severen76

Quote from: CELTICPRED on Feb 15, 2008, 12:45:01 AM
Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Feb 15, 2008, 12:23:35 AM
Try forming your own opinion.

I have my own. People who group Slipknot into metal might as well go ahead and slap Linkin Park and MCR in metal as well, which shits on Sabbath, Megadeth, Iron Maident, Judas Priest etc.

I'll drop it.

What!? how you can you compare Slipknot to linkin park and MCR?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Linkin Park is ok, some of there songs are good but there way too overated (There too many anime music videos of them on youtube).

Gates

Gates

Linkin Park is not even a rock band, they were put together by a record label...therefore they are the equivalent of a boy band...

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

And yes, I would.

Listen to Hybrid Theory lulz.

In other news, I get to see Children of Bodom soon.

HELLS YES HAPPYDANCE

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed