You're Ideal (Original) Idea For A Map From The Movies

Started by Giger_Incubator, Dec 15, 2009, 05:30:49 AM

Author
You're Ideal (Original) Idea For A Map From The Movies (Read 7,884 times)

Giger_Incubator

We know the obvious one's people want.  Hadley's Hope.  Alien 3's hallways. etc

How about some levels for MP from the movies that would be both kick ass, and no one's mentioned before.  I'll start:

I'd like a really big map set in a trench/valley between the Derelict and the coloney.  Each side would have  little bit of whatever it is closest too.  AKA the colony would have maybe a couple shacks on its side with a couple of the landcrawlers nearby.  The Atmosphere processors hanging overhead ominously.

The crashed Dropship remnants would be somewhere in the middle.

The Derelict side would have the ship itself hanging over side that huge cliff right on the edge of the map overtop of you.  While you couldn't go into it, their could be an entrance to an Alien nest right in the cliffside with some caves that have entrances and exits hidden all over the map.

Chris!(($$))!

Interesting idea about the trench. I would like something on the outskirts of the Furina planet. Maybe even on the beach. :P

Giger_Incubator

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Dec 15, 2009, 05:34:36 AM
Interesting idea about the trench. I would like something on the outskirts of the Furina planet. Maybe even on the beach. :P

With Oxen running around!!

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Derelict. The entire thing.

This would be a great map for all species - lots of dark areas for the Aliens the hide in, lots of open terrain to shoot over and lots of perches for Predators. I imagine it as having two main 'levels' - the general area and the egg-filled cargo hold. The centre-piece for the general area would be the Pilot room.  

Gateway Station. Although I suppose that would just be your general hallway-based map with a shinier skin.

Auriga. I know this was in AvP2, but that map lacked any sort of landmarks apart from the Betty. Give the map a test-subject room with Ripleys 1 through to 7, a 'birthing chamber' which wrecked human hosts, an underwater section and a hive section. Perhaps at the very bottom there could be the room Ripley 8 was held in, which would make an amazing arena room.

Chris!(($$))!

MadassAlex has some points about Auriga and I would love a gate way station map. Once accurate to the movies.
Though for some reasons I keep thinking movie maps might not work for this game. And that they should be in A:CM instead. The ALIEN and ALIENS ones of course. And I am not saying this cause I am a A:CM fanboy.

MadassAlex

While I hesitate to ignore the Predators in this game since their mechanics have been so well-tuned, a few maps that are specifically balanced for Aliens vs. Marines could be fun. Doors that only Marines can work, for instance, with secondary pathways through maintenance tunnels and ventilation shafts.

Giger_Incubator

The original Predator Jungle with rebel base camp, giant overturned tree, and Arnold set traps all over the place.

MadassAlex

If something from Predator were to appear, I'd like to see a night-time map based around Dutch's fire, with traps an the like strewn about.

Big Head Ninja

Definitely a Nostromo map, tight dark hallways, landmarks include the Mother room, the dripping room where Brett was killed, the dinner table and possibly the Bridge. I could see the room where Brett was killed being a great arena, and the dripping water would be a nice touch. Damn, I want to watch Alien now. Might go do so ;D

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: MadassAlex on Dec 15, 2009, 05:51:52 AM
If something from Predator were to appear, I'd like to see a night-time map based around Dutch's fire, with traps an the like strewn about.

That would be cool. And like Big Head Ninja said, the Nostromo should be in there.

Ijapa

I would love to see a temple ala AvP that changes its configuration every couple of minutes. It'd be something totally new ... and totally awesome:P

Big Head Ninja

Quote from: Ijapa on Dec 15, 2009, 08:02:56 AM
I would love to see a temple ala AvP that changes its configuration every couple of minutes. It'd be something totally new ... and totally awesome:P

Pretty sure thats already been confirmed to be in the game! It is awesome though.

Giger_Incubator

I would also like to see the surface of Antarctica with fishing village, boat, and tied to a water tower T-rex queen.

And I think it might be amusing to have the town from requiem be a map as well.

MadassAlex

Eeeehhhhh. The whaling town from AvP?

That could work.

Your average joe-schmoe town?

Nah.

Eldritch

A cityscape based on Predator 2. Tall buildings and street levels. Underground sewers, maybe the predator ship, maybe the slaughter house.

Does not really matter. What I like to see, for once in an fps, are interactive levels. Things like a generator that you can smash so everything turns dark, or a sprinkler system you can turn on to disrupt the predator cloak... It'd make the game more enjoyable and give the players more than just run n' gun.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed