Started by SpaceMarines, Dec 14, 2009, 03:16:45 PM

Author
Dead Space 2 (Read 140,581 times)

brennan4

brennan4

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 08, 2011, 04:01:39 AM
Quote from: brennan4 on Jan 08, 2011, 01:43:07 AM
Quote from: AvatarIII on Jan 07, 2011, 10:47:14 PM
..... no, the game is probably the cheapest game on the market!
Oh, well, maybe after I finish the new one, I've got it preordered.

Play the first one, first. It will make more sense when it comes time to playing DS 2.
Well, I know what happens, I saw a walkthrough for the whole game on youtube. By the way,
I can imagine Isaac's reaction to his guest appearance in Dante's Inferno:

"Well, I'm trapped in the Underworld, surrounded by demonic entities that want to destroy my body and soul. This is just the kind of break I need!"

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: brennan4 on Jan 09, 2011, 01:39:12 AM

Play the first one, first. It will make more sense when it comes time to playing DS 2.
Well, I know what happens, I saw a walkthrough for the whole game on youtube. By the way,

"Well, I'm trapped in the Underworld, surrounded by demonic entities that want to destroy my body and soul. This is just the kind of break I need!"
Man theres a big difference to watching the walk through and playing the game, just watching it you lose the majority of the emotion and you don't have the refined skills you  need for the second one. Playing the second one will be tougher than the first and it will be built on a more indepth understanding of the system of defeating the necros than the first one.

You should play the first game soon or else dead space 2 might be real hell for you and there is always those cool things you miss when just watching a walkthrough. If you play the game you gain a higher understanding and you will know how exicting and how tough the game really is because on the walk throughs the guys have played the game before and so they know exactly what to do and how to do it. Now if you play it you will know what happens but you will have a lot tougher time.

Plus if you play the game you can truely enjoy the story to what it was meant to be. Just saying, i'm not comming down on you or anything but i mean your like missing the majority of the game by just watching it. Dead space is a game that has to be played not watched.

brennan4

brennan4

Dammit, now I have to go buy the game. Curse you and your perfectly reasonable logic.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: The Ghoul on Jan 09, 2011, 02:04:51 AM
Quote from: brennan4 on Jan 09, 2011, 01:39:12 AM

Man theres a big difference to watching the walk through and playing the game, just watching it you lose the majority of the emotion and you don't have the refined skills you  need for the second one. Playing the second one will be tougher than the first and it will be built on a more indepth understanding of the system of defeating the necros than the first one.

You should play the first game soon or else dead space 2 might be real hell for you and there is always those cool things you miss when just watching a walkthrough. If you play the game you gain a higher understanding and you will know how exicting and how tough the game really is because on the walk throughs the guys have played the game before and so they know exactly what to do and how to do it. Now if you play it you will know what happens but you will have a lot tougher time.

Plus if you play the game you can truely enjoy the story to what it was meant to be. Just saying, i'm not comming down on you or anything but i mean your like missing the majority of the game by just watching it. Dead space is a game that has to be played not watched.

This guy pretty much hit the nail on the head. But as I said too, the story will make more sense. If you play the sequel firs, you'll feel as though you're being dropped into the middle of something that is totally nonsensical.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: brennan4 on Jan 09, 2011, 04:42:50 AM
Dammit, now I have to go buy the game. Curse you and your perfectly reasonable logic.
:D

Ain't I a stinker?  ;D

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Yeah your pretty much right on everything apart from the difficulty, if anything it will be easier because because they refine the gameplay get rid off annoying things that make it harder. The only way I see it being harder is if there is no progression with weapons and stuff at the beginning

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on Jan 09, 2011, 11:55:23 AM
Yeah your pretty much right on everything apart from the difficulty, if anything it will be easier because because they refine the gameplay get rid off annoying things that make it harder. The only way I see it being harder is if there is no progression with weapons and stuff at the beginning
i meant for the boss fights they will be faster paced i bet so you will have to hit the right limbs faster or else your joining the hive this time around lol.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I missed out on the pre-order, dammit. No exclusives for moi :(

i just found out there is a book coming out called dead space martyr, anyone else getting it, i figure i might as well, it's only £5, and reading is cool.

edit: found out it came out last year in HB, but it's now coming out in PB, has anyone read it? it's got some pretty good reviews on amazon.

Taxemic

Taxemic

I'm really struggling to make up my mind as to wether I want this game or not. I may have to play the first again to get a feel for it. I'm really not sure.

Embry Starred

Embry Starred

does anyone know what comes with the limited edition strategy guide?

i dunno, but for a $20 increase in price, you would hope something good.

Embry Starred

Embry Starred

poster? ???

i'd hope more than that!

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: AvatarIII on Jan 09, 2011, 06:51:05 PMand reading is cool.

For some reason, I strongly believe the above sentence should be accompanied by this attitude:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed