The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 327,706 times)

afrocat

afrocat

Im just sick of all these mother effing sequels so when I see something new and exciting i support it. (Yes im aware AVP is a sequel but those games were ten years ago so its different then the yearly COD) the only game I dont find overrated is Halo. Halo 3 was the best campaign I ever played in my life aside from playing the flood level in Halo(Which I noticed uses ALOT of atmosphere  from Alien and Aliens) Those damn BELIEVE commercials led to me and my best friend on the final level driving from the collapsing world. Me and him drove right next to each other in seperate warthhogs. We went off a jump shouting BELIEVE. He didnt make it I laughed my ass off to the end of the game. Best FPS campaign ever for me coop does wonders. Idk about you guys but Im just glad AVP is so unique. Thats what made Conker the shit back in the day.

Spic

Spic

Im actualy now ammused, GI aus gave it  8.7,  thats a magazine that gives it's customers consistancy  ;D :D

Bug Hunt

Bug Hunt

Clearly Game Informer do not know what they are talking about.

afrocat

afrocat

can I see this review?? Id love to read it. Imma try to pick up the game today but gamestop said tommorow for my hunter edition....*douchebags :(*

Drewid

Drewid

Just so you all know, so far we've averaged 72.7 and there are some more Australian reviews (around 90ish) coming that will bring that up a bit.

Bug Hunt

Bug Hunt

Quote from: Drewid on Feb 16, 2010, 10:08:29 AM
Just so you all know, so far we've averaged 72.7 and there are some more Australian reviews (around 90ish) coming that will bring that up a bit.

Is that on metacritic and if so which consoles?

afrocat

afrocat

Ps3 is at 60 something. Idk why they only put in PSM AU (9/10) and the gamespot gameinformer. They totally ignored IGN for some reason.

Drewid

Drewid

Quote from: Corporal Wilks on Feb 16, 2010, 10:09:29 AM
Quote from: Drewid on Feb 16, 2010, 10:08:29 AM

Is that on metacritic and if so which consoles?

No. It's a straight unweighted average based on the scores posted so far here.

I've no idea how the new Aussie scores are all from big magazines/sites, but I've no idea how the (slightly mysterious) metacritic weighting will affect the overall MC score.

Without those scores we've got 67 MC on xbox and 71 on PS3, no rating yet on PC, as of now.  More reviews will surface today and shift that.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Playr a uk TV show gave it 7 out of 10, thats for the SP and the MP demo. Not bad i think..

Bug Hunt

Bug Hunt

Hahaha Angry Joe videos are the funniest things Ive seen about the AvP game. He totally rips than Game Informer reviewer, so funny. Legend! It will rock!

Mastix

Mastix

Quote from: Spic on Feb 16, 2010, 09:56:41 AM
Im actualy now ammused, GI aus gave it  8.7,  thats a magazine that gives it's customers consistancy  ;D :D
You can't be serious, a 30 points gap between the different branches of the same magazine?

LogansFolly

LogansFolly

i find this real weird. Talk about range in scores... i said back on page 30 something this is a marmite game and i think i'm right so far.

Gamespot are so off the mark it makes there review meaningless. Well at least i think it does.

ikarop

ikarop

More scores added to the 1st page.

Steve C

Steve C

Seems that the majority of the scores are favorable.

MrBrokenTusks.

On gametrailers forums they are ripping the s***t out of this game for 2 bad reviews and they are ignorant when the few that stick up for this and post all the good reviews they just ignore that post entirely and then say it was always going to be a failure even though the post above there's has a link to the 8/10 ign review lol ignorant people.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed