The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 326,532 times)

ikarop

ikarop

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Puks on Feb 15, 2010, 10:51:01 PM
What Choirboy said. Some of you guys would glorify this game even if it was a pile of dung. There are legit reasons for the game not scoring high in all reviews.

This is just a good AvP title, unfortunately it's nowhere near classic status like the previous ones.

afrocat: Chill out, the guy is not a native speaker, no need to bash him for a grammar error. Have you even seen the game with DX11? Mind you, DX11 really isn't some magic stuff which makes a game instantly awesome - some edges are more shooth, some textures more sharp and that's about it.

Tessellated backgrounds begs to differ.

HannibalKing

HannibalKing

I like how the Gamespot 5.5 Review is listed under the Editor's Picks on the site.

dude63

dude63

I also like how biased it was..my god. Well gs owns gi..and whatnot..so do the math I guess. the ygave some reaso nto their complaints..however their complaints are subjected. I don't really go to Gs for reviews anyways. I usually go to ign and gametrailers.

HannibalKing

HannibalKing

Heh, I've been seeing that a lot lately. GameSToP owns GI, not GameSPoT.

afrocat

afrocat

Quote from: HannibalKing on Feb 16, 2010, 02:24:57 AM
Heh, I've been seeing that a lot lately. GameSToP owns GI, not GameSPoT.
Very true. Gamestop does not review games. However GameSPOT does accept money for positive reviews so...either way unreliable. Gamesradar and 1up are credible, while IGN and Gametrailers are iffy...

HannibalKing

HannibalKing

Speaking of IGN, I'm still very curious as to when the AUS and US reviews from IGN will be up. Very curious as to what the difference in scores will be what with the love it or hate it thing going on as of now for the game.

I always forget how the U.S review differs from the UK. I know usually I see the Aussies at IGN be a little harder in their reviews compared to UK, but that's just from my experience.

dude63

dude63

Who cares what gs or gi has to say. I have always too kthe time to read/listen to igns reviews, gt, 1up, oxm and whatnot. The core feedback im worried about is from the fans f the series. As this is my first avp game im going to play. Thats what im looking for. Not some biased reviews f ro mthe lieks of gs and gi. Granted its stil ltheir opinion. However why hate on something that goes beyond the bs medium that is cod? Next cod is already in gi and gs nook in getting a 9.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: afrocat on Feb 16, 2010, 12:26:08 AM
Its just hard to trust a website that accepts money for good reviews. (Gamespot and Gameinformer. Any other site is fairgame)

/\ This.

Chaotic-Strike

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/214030/when-youll-see-gps-avp-review/

Game Pro isn't posting a review until they play multiplayer I'm guessing they didn't enjoy the single player as they are waiting for the multiplayer to quote "change his view". This  isn't surprising as the single player looks very bland from when I saw it on the youtube videos. I hope the multiplayer is better so that it gets good reviews.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

QuoteI was hoping this would be the Arkham Asylum for A/P fans.

This game is getting more good reviews then bad ones, and Gamespot is a mixed in the bag if you ask me. You can either love them or hate them for their reviews. I still think TP and BT2 should have got better scores then what they got in my opinon.

plagiarize

plagiarize

Quote from: Chaotic-Strike on Feb 16, 2010, 03:55:26 AM
http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/214030/when-youll-see-gps-avp-review/

Game Pro isn't posting a review until they play multiplayer I'm guessing they didn't enjoy the single player as they are waiting for the multiplayer to quote "change his view". This  isn't surprising as the single player looks very bland from when I saw it on the youtube videos. I hope the multiplayer is better so that it gets good reviews.
of course this highlights a big issue the reviewers face too. the expectation on reviewers is to get the game review out by the time the game comes out. that means they can't really judge the multiplayer fairly. the servers could work fine before launch and be terrible afterwards. they will struggle to get together full games to see how th modes really shake down... and as we know with a game like this, it'll be a month or two before we see how truly balanced it is.

a lot of people that were down on the demo at first have come around. reviewers don't get that kind of time with a game. it's just a game that takes a while to get to grips with. that's a fair criticism of it... but one I think all of us that have played the demo can safely ignore along with criticisms of the controls and it being disorienting to play as the alien.

it's not my first time loving a game that got bad or mixed reviews. ultimately the player base will be what it will be and the sales will be what they will be. i think it's a game where the people that buy it will give it more of a chance than reviewers maybe did, and even those that feel it's a 5/10 game initially will start to come around to it when they get their teeth into the multiplayer.

for me, AvP2's sp was really lacking and a big disapointment, but it didn't stop me loving the game since the MP was so good. if it's the same story this time... so what. i'm not buying it for the SP so if I don't bother with it i'm not going to be particularly upset, same as how I don't care whether or not Bioshock 2's MP is any good.

review scores will potentially hurt sales initially, but word of mouth will override that in the following months (Borderlands didn't sell the bulk of it's copies on reviews other than in the first week or so). if someone loved the demo they'll buy the game regardless of any reviews. plus, if Predators is successful that'll give it a nice little bump.

we took a bunch of calls about it at Gamestop tonight and a healthy amount of last minute pre-orders. mostly people that had played the demo or seen the adverts on TV... so that's a good sign. if they like it and tell their friends... well that'll push copies more than reviews i think.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Take into account that almost all those reviews are for the console versions. They shouldn't cry about PC controls/graphics, so the rating should buff up for it.

S.Y.L

S.Y.L

Aliens vs Predator vs marmite

LogansFolly

LogansFolly

We need to put this into perspective.

Reviews are reviews. I think this game deserves an 8/10 that would be my score based on the demo alone. Now i like the rest of you have played alot of demos. This is without a doubt one of the best.

Mw2 got BIG reviews great scores but the fact is.... it ain't that good. Overated BIG time IMO.

GTA Iv Got the highest review's i think i've seen.... why? It just boring mission based gameplay which we have seen in all the other gta's across all the other platforms.

Gamespot didn't like it. MOST OTHERS did and i'm sure through today you lucky americans will like it to!!

I'm sure the score will average out 75% ish. 

Good enough for my money.

Quick count as of all reviews so far surgests that the overall score for the game is still 74/75% average....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed