The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 327,786 times)

Inverse Effect

I just dont get it.. why a 5.5? Ive played alot of shitty games in the past that have gotten a 5.5. And this isnt one of them. I mean i got the game on the PC so i cant comment on the console versions but

The Controls = Great once you get hang of them, i love running at high speed to wall to wall with the alien.
The Graphics = I love them, great texture work on the characters and the trophy kils are really well animated.
The Sound = Awesome! i have a few niggles with the Smart-gun (but who doesnt?)
The Gameplay = Freaking great! lenghy singleplayer + CO-OP + Fun Multiplayer = Good replay value.

I cant find any major fault with this game i really cant, even if i try to think of faults i just cant. I can nickpick but i cant generaly say "ohh this game is bad because the Smart-gun doesn't sound like it does in the movie"

Seems like these so called complaints are more like stupid nickpicks a 8 year old would make. MW2 now theres a game i can give complaints about. Lets name a few Complaints i have "these are my valid reasons why MW2 is all hype. And that reviewers always forget about these and just focus on the bad points. Ok so Bad points in MW2?

First off the Spawning sucks (This wasnt an issue in the first MW Game) Ive killed people or cleared rooms, only to be shot in the back because someone has spawned in the room i just checked 1 second ago. It seems like i get more deaths because of this stupid ass flaw.

The Singleplayer disspite it being fun is lackluster. I felt no emotion for any of the characters and it was just "Kill bad guys, move on" Then after the level i get a Video screen with useless data on, and two people talking about somthing i have no idea what about.

The Level design sucks in multiplayer, The Original MW Game had much more fun levels. Theres too many openings and windows and doors that make it impossible to laydown a good camping spot. Annoying ass gameplay bugs and glitches that ruined the game and still are.

The AI is dumb. Its not impressive, yes IW have removed the endless spawning but all they did was replace the spawning with fix positions with the enemy's (so the AI is the same its just placed different) Ive never once seen the AI react differntly to my tactics. All i see with the AI is that it throws the odd Flashbang or grenade or keeps firing at my last known position. they never flank me or use team work (Somthing the Marines in AVP3 Do)

MW2 sucks balls in my opinion, the Singleplayer experience is forgettible and the Multiplayer is overhyped. Yes it was impressive first time around but they didnt really add anything. The Multiplayer has no skill its just a set of varibles, (This guy this this gun with this amount of recoil with this perk) theres no skill involed, all you need is luck and hope you have a better weapon loadout then the guy your fighting. All they just tweaked the multiplayer a alittle bit, added a few new weapons and changed some of the perks and added some new kill streaks. All that for 60$ WOW impressed. Now MW2 is a good game but its not the Mother of all FPS that all games should follow.

AVP3 in my eyes is my perfect Online shooter. It doesnt have stupid ironsights, it doesnt have weapon loadouts, theres no Perks that effect bullet penatration or recoil, theres no cheap ass Martadom. All there is, is your pulse rifle and motion tracker and the rest is up to skill.

I just dont listen Gamepot much now because it feels if one game comes a certan multiplayer mode they expect all the others to have so, or if not they give the game a stupid rating. You watch the last line the guy says in the GS Review. What was it he says? "theres better Online first personshooters or somthing? The only few major ones being played are "MW2, Killzone, Halo3. Halo3 is outdated and did nothing to reinvent the genre, Killzone 2 has a good multiplayer though.

Give me one game where u can pit Aliens, Predators & Marines in the same game. That alone is my ticket to this game.

Inverse Effect

Quote from: yaji on Feb 15, 2010, 11:24:08 PM

http://avp.org.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=264

:)

Sorry for double post but wtf is that thing? Some kind of undead Skeleton?

yaji

yaji

Its a Combat Synthetic.

afrocat

afrocat

Or in more basic wording an android.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

They prefer the term 'artificial person'.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: MadassAlex on Feb 16, 2010, 12:04:22 AM
They prefer the term 'artificial person'.

I doubt those ones do.

Mastix

Mastix

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/aliensvspredator?q=aliens%20vs.%20predator
You can see there that Playstation Official Magazine Australia gave it a 9/10.
The highest score for the game so far.

and another thing:
AVP Xbox metascore: 67/100
AVP PS metascore: 70/100
AVP PC metascore: 76/100

Well, I know the score is low, but most of the reviews talk about crappy campaigns and clunky controls.
1) Ain't buying this game for the campaigns but for the MP alone which even Gamespot (that gave AVP 5.5) admits it's great.
2) Well, I got used to the controls evne though they are not-that-great (and they aren't).

Some of you people need to stop bashing every review that gives it a score lower than 7/10.
More of those reviews will come so will you bash every single one of them?
I do know that the Gameinformer review was poorly written and biased.
But Gamespot's review had some good points.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

From the looks of it, AVP will probably be the most "love it or hate it" FPS ever.

xboxgamer4life

i guess last week they were only releasing the good reviews. i though it was gunna get a metacritic score of about 81 then. and now with all these bad reviews it looks like avp will get about a 68-74 which is very dissapointing. 68-74 is a okay score but for one of my favorite upcoming games thats pritty bad. i hope if sega decides to make another avp they go with another developer because rebellion clearly cant make a very good game anymore.
anyway im sure ill enjoy it but it will probably not be anything special

afrocat

afrocat

Its just hard to trust a website that accepts money for good reviews. (Gamespot and Gameinformer. Any other site is fairgame)

Rated-rsuperstar

Quote from: RidgeTop on Feb 16, 2010, 12:22:55 AM
From the looks of it, AVP will probably be the most "love it or hate it" FPS ever.

That's just the way it is when we live in a world of Call of duty.

afrocat

afrocat

Yes...damn you call of duty. Whyd you sell out after such a polished fun game called Modern Warfare? How the mighty have fallen.

cyke

cyke

Reviewers focus on the whole package, not just fun factor, or gameplay, but everything in the game is attributed to it's score. So what if the game has a fun multiplayer if the singe-player is lacking, the graphics aren't up to snuff, and the controls aren't exactly pic up and play.

I faced the same thing when Tekken 6 was released, it is an amazing 3D fighter, but it had lackluster graphics, a horrible single-player campaign, at launch it had truly sucky lag, but the actual core gameplay is very deep and satisfying if you take the time to learn it and dig past the obvious 10 hit strings and launchers- things that will get you wasted vs pro's.

It's this same here, people only see the most obvious gameplay issues, the repeated trophy kills, and issues controlling the alien, without realizing that those issues won't be a problem vs good players. Reviewers shouldn't be listened to when they spout balance or concerns of mutliplayer longevity. They are simply in no way able to make that kind of judgement with what short time they have to play and then write their review. those kinds of topics are best left to the fans and players.

Hell, some competitive titles are still going strong after 10-15 years, and the players still don't disagree or have even figured out everysingle technique, match-up, or metagame.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Quote from: yaji on Feb 15, 2010, 11:38:59 PM
Its a Combat Synthetic.

What happened to its face?

Edit: I wouldnt of been supprised if Activision paid all the review sites to give this game a bad review.

spacebug

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed