The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 327,911 times)

HF

HF

They really hated it. It shows. I was so dissapointed when I saw the score.

Gamespot: 5.5/10 (mediocre)

What I wonder is why everybody else is giving it an 8 and above. Gamespot really got a reputation for themselves. They like to be the ''assholes'', just to gain some credibility. IGN gave this game a 8,5 ? We'll give it a 7.5. They do that a lot.

They did bring up some good points, the alien movement thing is stupid. You have an auto function for that you know? Also, all it really requires is a little practice.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: HF on Feb 15, 2010, 05:24:15 PM
They really hated it. It shows. I was so disappointed when I saw the score.

What I wonder is why everybody else is giving it an 8 and above. Gamespot really got a reputation for themselves. They like to be the ''assholes'', just to gain some credibility. IGN gave this game a 8,5 ? We'll give it a 7.5. They do that a lot.

They did bring up some good points though. And from what I've heard and read, AVP is far from beign worth a 9.

It is a love it or hate it franchise. So naturally it is a love it or hate it game. IMO but i think they didn't even look at options to change the alien settings

Also lol at the review who only had 3 cons and one was that the audio diarys dont have subtitles it shows that it is love it or hate it :) that guy is coo.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

I like the game!

I haven't had any real problems with it at all.

Idk what this guy is smoking.

Razz

Razz

Wow talk about a mixed bag of reviews, still getting it though. :)

ajm

ajm

They did bring up some good points, the alien movement thing is stupid. You have an auto function for that you know? Also, all it really recquires is a little practice.

A nice theory for sure, just appears the took Game Informer as their base level rather than IGN  ???

There appears to be a theme emerging here though: American reviews don't like it, European ones do.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: ajm on Feb 15, 2010, 05:43:28 PM

They did bring up some good points, the alien movement thing is stupid. You have an auto function for that you know? Also, all it really recquires is a little practice.

A nice theory for sure, just appears the took Game Informer as their base level rather than IGN  ???

There appears to be a theme emerging here though: American reviews don't like it, European ones do.
Well to make you feel better.

I'm an american and i like it. :D

Blackvain

Blackvain

i like the bad point
QuotePoor level design

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Quote from: Aeus on Feb 15, 2010, 05:23:59 PM
Still...5.5 is very dissapointing.

Yeah. It made me eat a creme egg.  :-[

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: TJ Doc on Feb 15, 2010, 05:53:38 PM
Quote from: Aeus on Feb 15, 2010, 05:23:59 PM
Still...5.5 is very dissapointing.

Yeah. It made me eat a creme egg.  :-[

Is that how you eat yours? When you read a bad review?

That's a new one.  :D

Rated-rsuperstar

I don't know, hows does bad controls and poor level design = a 5/10. I can understand his complaint of levels being recycled but he constantly harps how bad everything controls. I didn't have any problem with the demo controls. And every review keeps knocking the graphics. This game looks pretty damn good to me.

And the gamespot video review is filled with spoilers including boss encounters, so don't watch it if you want to stay spoil free.

Choirboy

Choirboy

Gamereactor, the largest Swedish gaming site/magazine gave it a 6/10 with pros being a fun predator campaign and survivor mode and occasionally creepy mood. Cons where weak graphics, uninspired level design and crappy controls...

http://www.gamereactor.se/recensioner/21137/Aliens+vs+Predator/

VEF214

VEF214

I think the reviewers couldn't grasp the controls in under one minute so they deemed them unsatisfactory.

Fleshtrap666

Fleshtrap666

Quote from: Rated-rsuperstar on Feb 15, 2010, 05:57:25 PM
I don't know, hows does bad controls and poor level design = a 5/10. I can understand his complaint of levels being recycled but he constantly harps how bad everything controls. I didn't have any problem with the demo controls. And every review keeps knocking the graphics. This game looks pretty damn good to me.

And the gamespot video review is filled with spoilers including boss encounters, so don't watch it if you want to stay spoil free.

It doesn't control anything like MW2 or Halo.....that's what most peoples problem with the controls seem to be....

Aeus

Aeus

Didn't take me long to get to grips with the controls, and that was from the demo; there wasn't even a tutorial.

Guess some reviewers are just bad at games.

ajm

ajm

Quote from: Darth Dude on Feb 15, 2010, 05:44:51 PM
Well to make you feel better.

I'm an american and i like it. :D

Cool, glad we didn't make a game unplayable by an entire continent :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed