The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 327,742 times)

FearPeteySodes

Quote from: VEF214 on Feb 11, 2010, 06:42:53 PM
"Brown Aliens can spit acid from a distance."

???

That struck me oddly too haha.

Corporate Merc

Quote from: Peteysodes on Feb 11, 2010, 07:17:38 PM
Quote from: VEF214 on Feb 11, 2010, 06:42:53 PM
"Brown Aliens can spit acid from a distance."

???

That struck me oddly too haha.

That got my attention aswell, I guess only in the campaign there are Im assuming "runner" aliens that spit acid. Cool lookin forward to it, wish we could see the spiting thing in action though.

PsychoticMarik

QuoteEveryone?

I didn't hate the facehugger gameplay, but ultimately I thought it was wasted time in the SP Alien campaign. It was fun in multiplayer, but horribly imbalanced as well.

Personally, I don't think it's a bad thing that it's not included.
Alright so I was exaggerating when I said everyone, but It seemed like something that would have been included.
I'm rather shocked it wasn't.
QuoteI agree that somethings were put off due to being "lazy"..  However, for Life Cycle that is a legitimate reason. That would take quite a bit of time and work... and in the long run, time and money that could have been spent on the core of the game. I would rather all the resources be spent on making the core as perfect as possible, as it will require less patching, which is good for everyone. I miss LC, but I can completely understand why it was left out.
I agree that the main focus should be on the overall balance, but even so...they still somehow missed how useless the flamethrower is and gave preds better melee ability than aliens.  I dont know how they missed those things honestly, but I expect they plan to patch them. So I'm not going to argue about that.
Quotei give up :D

because a model is done and has some animations doesn`t mean a thing without a game to put them into.
what you`ve got there is a flickbook, NOT a game
I really dont understand your point.
They have it fully modeled and animated in the story. It has a walking and leaping animations.
Just add a death animation and a facehugging animation and there basically set. I know it would take some work, but I also know that if they really wanted to they could have done it.
Forgive me for expecting just a little more out of the game : P
I dont want to clutter this thread with this tho. I've made my point.

On the more recent topic it is nice to see some good reviews.

z0diac

z0diac

Can the OP update the review portion with the one from Game Informer (and if at all possible, keep tabs on any new reviews, which I assume we shall see throughout the weekend).

Thanks.

BrotherAriman

BrotherAriman

Gameinformer Magazine has given out the rating of a 5.75/10  :-\
First off I would like to say WTH!

I say this because of some of the items the reviewer lists off as negative:
1. "The Predator sequences put you behind the heat-visioned stare of a young hunter trying to prove himself to his clan. I had fun using the Predator's iconic arsenal, but the focus on stealth and limited melee combat made me want to hang up my dreads."
Last time I checked the predator was supposed to be stealthy...

and 2. for the sound review
"Listening to the aliens crawl through vents and jump out at you would be scary if your motion sensor wasn't bleating in your ear the whole time"
I thought the beeping of your impending doom was what made the game scary...

This is not to say that there are no legitimate criticisms, such as linear level design and a repetitive marine campaign but seriously the game has a lower rating and replay value then Dante's Inferno!

Giger_Incubator

Quote from: BrotherAriman on Feb 11, 2010, 10:12:51 PM

1. "The Predator sequences put you behind the heat-visioned stare of a young hunter trying to prove himself to his clan. I had fun using the Predator's iconic arsenal, but the focus on stealth and limited melee combat made me want to hang up my dreads."

"Listening to the aliens crawl through vents and jump out at you would be scary if your motion sensor wasn't bleating in your ear the whole time"

This is not to say that there are no legitimate criticisms, such as linear level design and a repetitive marine campaign but seriously the game has a lower rating and replay value then Dante's Inferno!

Read what people before you have written.  The whole forum has been talking about this for weeks.

BrotherAriman

BrotherAriman

Quote from: Giger_Incubator on Feb 11, 2010, 10:16:02 PM
Quote from: BrotherAriman on Feb 11, 2010, 10:12:51 PM

Read what people before you have written.  The whole forum has been talking about this for weeks.

Sorry I just got that issue of GI yesterday.

ikarop

ikarop

Last Sega's guide here.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Looks like we don't have to worry about the game getting mixed reviews, the game is getting some awesome ratings right now.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

That OXM review was nice. They could NOT get off the Marine campaign's jock.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Feb 12, 2010, 07:01:18 AM
Looks like we don't have to worry about the game getting mixed reviews, the game is getting some awesome ratings right now.

8.5 from IGN UK and an 8 from OXM.

I'll take those.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Feb 12, 2010, 08:02:56 AM
That OXM review was nice. They could NOT get off the Marine campaign's jock.

Their review was legitimate in general, although I don't necessarily see what the point of extensive narrative in the Alien campaign is. All it needs to do is justify killing. A lot.

I love that they mentioned the arena-style stealth battles against Marines. One Alien, taking out dozens of Marines without a scratch? Now that's the ticket.

LogansFolly

LogansFolly

just one 9/10 would be so so good.

whens euro gamer out anyone know?

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: LogansFolly on Feb 12, 2010, 08:14:04 AM

Just to be clear, it's not eurogamer who is giving that score. Also, as mentioned ans according to Sega of Europe, the embargos for online reviews such as Eurogamer lift on Monday Feb 15th.

LogansFolly

LogansFolly

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 12, 2010, 10:14:16 AM
Quote from: LogansFolly on Feb 12, 2010, 08:14:04 AM

Just to be clear, it's not eurogamer who is giving that score. Also, as mentioned ans according to Sega of Europe, the embargos for online reviews such as Eurogamer lift on Monday Jan 15th.

oh ok. do you know who it is?

or is it just a rumor?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed