The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 327,702 times)

Puks

Puks

Ok, except for the fact dx11 is included the demo WILL reflect the quality of full release. Some minor bugs and glitches get fixed but that's about it.

kroenen77

kroenen77

Quote from: RubberChickenMan on Feb 09, 2010, 01:02:25 PM
Is that german? where ever the review is from it gave the game an 81%

http://i48.tinypic.com/e8pbsy.jpg

Yes its german.Easy to read for me...because I´m from germany. ;D
The german tester says,that the Alien and Predatorstorys are very short,like an update,the KI is not good,but graphics,sound an at first the MP are very great.The tester loves AVP.Oh,and its ultrabrutal..not for children. ;D

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: kroenen77 on Feb 09, 2010, 01:41:51 PM

The german tester says,that the Alien and Predatorstorys are very short,like an update,the KI is not good,but graphics,sound an at first the MP are very great.The tester loves AVP.Oh,and its ultrabrutal..not for children. ;D

Sorry, but what is KI exactly?

AMC_Duke

AMC_Duke

KI = AI

Kane

Kane

They are writing:

"So wurde, wie auch schon bei Modern Warfare 2, auf die Verwendung von dedicated Servers verzichtet [...]"

In plain englisch:

"No dedicated servers, just like in Modern Warfare 2."

They are talking about the demo, right?
It has been said numerous times, that the game will support dedicated servers.

affinity

affinity

the demo is addicting,  but yeah people having trouble with the demo should be assured the full version of PS3 is getting room creation and better search features.

http://seganerds.thekartel.com/blog/2010/02/08/rebellion_apologises_for_avp_demo_issues

Steve C

Steve C

It seems that Rebellion is very confident in the quality of the game, and there has to be a good reason for it.  The demo is fun, and if a few minor bugs are fixed, I think this game will be pretty well received (though I'm just not feeling Game of the Year, even though that would be awesome).  Definitely looking forward to getting my hands on the finished product in...holy shit, ONE WEEK!

plagiarize

plagiarize

Quote from: Puks on Feb 09, 2010, 01:09:51 PM
I'm back.

Played the demo. While I have to admit it was fun (played totally 8+ hours), almost everything I feared and loathed about the game was there.

And what the hell was the initial demo release supposed to mean? Greaaat signal put out there to tell everyone how much the game is unpolished.

Not suprised at all if the game gets mixed reviews, ending up as a slightly beyond average wannabe franchise succesor with decent gameplay and average graphics.
like AvP2?

QuoteI told you so.
The demo is fail and I fear the final product will not be much different. Does anyone actually believe in what's stated in the disclaimer in demo startup?
like AvP2? that had two terrible demos prior to launch, and two good ones (if you count the updated MP demo) after.

AvP2 got mixed reviews, had what some thought an inferior single player campaign and had a really unbalanced multiplayer game at launch. hardcore fans of the first seemed to hate it... etc etc etc.

i remember the shit storm when the first two demos came out.

I guess all I'm saying is that yes, Rebellion made a mistake with the content and set up of this demo, but no bigger mistake than the AvP2 MP demo or really uninspiring AvP2 SP demo (the original one not the one that let you play as each race).

the AvP2 MP demo had much worse netcode than this, was really unbalanced (homing shoulder cannons of doom) and was full of easily exploitable glitches like the damn beachballs.

and yet, nine years on the AvP community is going strong. the full game was patched into working net code and into something resembling balance. the people that love the franchise first and gaming second will be playing this game for years to come.

it's still a really unique experience compared to other multiplayer games. it's still the first alien or predator game to have realtime dynamic shadows and an authentic predator cloak. presonally i think it's great looking and it runs like butter on PC. high resolution textures, suitably dark moody environments... it's only really the explosions and fire that are a huge let down.

sdlibervir

sdlibervir

UK Official Xbox Magazine gave it an 8/10.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=234150

They praised it for its atmosphere and attention to detail but thought the aliens' campaign was a little weak. "Fans of the film will be more than satisfied."

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

We know.  :)

And it is good news!

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: sdlibervir on Feb 09, 2010, 03:26:53 PM
UK Official Xbox Magazine gave it an 8/10.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=234150

They praised it for its atmosphere and attention to detail but thought the aliens' campaign was a little weak. "Fans of the film will be more than satisfied."

Awesome news. Thanks for the link.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I'm back.

Played the demo. While I have to admit it was fun (played totally 8+ hours), almost everything I feared and loathed about the game was there.

And what the hell was the initial demo release supposed to mean? Greaaat signal put out there to tell everyone how much the game is unpolished.

Not suprised at all if the game gets mixed reviews, ending up as a slightly beyond average wannabe franchise succesor with decent gameplay and average graphics.

I told you so.
The demo is fail and I fear the final product will not be much different. Does anyone actually believe in what's stated in the disclaimer in demo startup?

I guess thats why the demo has a user rating of 4.5/5 on XBL, must be because its "fail."

Mastix

Mastix

Quote from: Kane on Feb 09, 2010, 02:41:27 PM

They are writing:

"So wurde, wie auch schon bei Modern Warfare 2, auf die Verwendung von dedicated Servers verzichtet [...]"

In plain englisch:

What?! It's a review for the full game and it says there are no dedicated servers?! I hope it's a console-version review.

Ghost Rider LSOV

Quote from: Mastix on Feb 09, 2010, 04:08:52 PM
Quote from: Kane on Feb 09, 2010, 02:41:27 PM

They are writing:

In plain englisch:

What?! It's a review for the full game and it says there are no dedicated servers?! I hope it's a console-version review.

Must be for consoles...right?

S.Y.L

S.Y.L

The demo is a failure

fixed.

i mean, i still disagree, but it doesn`t do your point or your cause any favours when it`s written in such an infantile way.

you`re welcome ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed