The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 327,732 times)

newbeing

newbeing

In any case we should probably just look forward to future reviews. Bad rating or not I can assume most of us will be buying the game. I get kind of down when I hear it gets low scores, because I feel people will avoid it, but if I'm having fun I've got my money's worth.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: RidgeTop on Feb 09, 2010, 04:24:01 AM
I guess Ben does'nt do too many reviews for GameInformer, the only one that was in the December issue was for Star Wars: Battlefront Elite Squadron...

No way lol That game was made by Rebellion, I guess he picks them up or something...

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 09, 2010, 04:31:13 AM
I guess Ben does'nt do too many reviews for GameInformer, the only one that was in the December issue was for Star Wars: Battlefront Elite Squadron...

No way lol That game was made by Rebellion, I guess he picks them up or something...

My thoughts exactly.

Big Head Ninja

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 09, 2010, 04:31:13 AM

Conspiracy!

RidgeTop

Fleshtrap666

Fleshtrap666

Thank god a decent review...I wasn't expecting anything GROUND BREAKING just a all around good game and it seems like we got that. The guy who wrote that GI review clearly must of had some form of beef with the source material, because almost every single point that he considered a negative....was one of the things that made the movies so great and that's part of the reason alot of people are pissed with this review. Any one person that claims "ThiS gAmE suxOR MW2!!" is just as stupid as the people that claim its the greatest game ever made when no one has played the finished product.

I can take that this reviewer very well played the finished game..he has like ONE legit critisim in the ENTIRE review about the levels seeming linear. That much I sadly was expecting, but would hardly knock the games rating below an 8.5 IMO "Poor melee combat" in all honesty if you spend more then 15 minutes playing this game online, and still haven't managed to grasp hold of the melee combat and WIN with it...you no doubt have developed some form of mental learning disability between then and the last time you turned on your xbox...sorry you just simply suck that bad...it is a VERY SIMPLE system to learn and master, but gives every character AND player a chance to counter and retaliate.

Also complaining about the level of light in a game called Aliens versus Predator is stupid at best. Maybe you need to spend a little more time watching your old dusty DVD collection before making snappy judgments about a game that so far is very faithful to its source material. The game is hardly so dark that you can't move around and your not supposed to be able to see every single alien coming at you with your flashlight...if you could everyone would just play marine and destroy everything seeing as it only takes a few shots to kill a predator or alien. I played the online demo ALOT...and it's nice to have something DIFFERENT instead of another COD with one extra feature that's going to do absolutely nothing to change the gameplay "not saying the gameplay is bad" or Halo with another gimmick. The three factions feel extremely different from one another, and it's more then possible to win no matter what you are playing as. I was disappointed with how easy it was to perform stealth kills...and that was it..just it seems you can do them from too great a distance at times...but a patch can EASILY fix that.

Sylenall

Sylenall

Lol why do inept publications refer to Colonial Marines as space marines?  :D

I look forward to actually reading scans if someone is good enough to put them up. 

I figure if OXM UK gives it an 8, then the North American branch will either give 7.5 or 8.5.  Hopefully the latter.

DrHobo

DrHobo

Quote'The alien is the weakest of the three,' it adds. 'It's difficult to fashion a narrative around an oversized, mindless insect.'
Flames inc? :)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: Sylenall on Feb 09, 2010, 09:01:46 AM
Lol why do inept publications refer to Colonial Marines as space marines?  :D

'Cause they are?

Sinister

Sinister

Given what some of the recent games developed by Rebellion have gotten, this is very good. I wasn't and do not expect earth shattering scores of 9/10 or over, but a solid score and 8/10 is a very solid score - a game that does the job and offers plenty of fun. If the game averages anywhere from 8 to 8.5/10 it's done well IMO.

S.Y.L

S.Y.L

Quote from: dude63 on Feb 07, 2010, 10:54:32 PM
Uh, well mw2 and halo does have a pretty ignorant fanbase. Sniper Eliete (another rebellio game) is constantly being flamed on youtube by cod fanboys comming in and saying cod is better.

that`s ridiculous, they`re two completely different games.

it`s like saying Super Mario World is better than Halo (ok bad example, that one`s true ;)   )

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Which says little, since Super Mario World > all.

Fleshtrap666

Fleshtrap666

Quote from: S.Y.L on Feb 09, 2010, 10:09:33 AM
Quote from: dude63 on Feb 07, 2010, 10:54:32 PM
Uh, well mw2 and halo does have a pretty ignorant fanbase. Sniper Eliete (another rebellio game) is constantly being flamed on youtube by cod fanboys comming in and saying cod is better.

that`s ridiculous, they`re two completely different games.

it`s like saying Super Mario World is better than Halo (ok bad example, that one`s true ;)   )

Loved Sniper Elite sniping actually takes some skill on that game.

S.Y.L

S.Y.L

Quote from: HannibalKing on Feb 09, 2010, 01:06:53 AM
Quote from: RoyaleDuke on Feb 08, 2010, 07:36:55 PM
Print is Dead.

My geek senses flared up after reading that, so in light of what that line reminds me of and the GI interview...

Lets say this twinkie http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v386/Wulverene/twinkiesmall.png represents the normal rage of the avp community. Following the GI review, it would be a twinkie 35 feet long weighing approximately 600 pounds.

Non-joking aside, I'm kinda curious as to how the score range is going to end up, what with the 3 scores so far being 5.8, 8 and 9.5. (Edit: Well, the last one is a moot point since it wasn't a score.)

... that`s a helluva twinkie!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed