The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 327,754 times)

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Snoopy the cat on Feb 09, 2010, 01:43:04 AM
Quote from: ikarop on Feb 09, 2010, 01:32:36 AM
Nice thanks! Did fine reader work for you? It didn't let me scan the pics, idk why. Which version are you using?

I used verion 10. Used the open command on the toolbar on the top, deselected the non-tekst areas, added Russian to languages, right clicked on text, did a scan and it worked quite well :) Google translator still sucks tho :P

Oh OK thx, mine is the previous version, 9.0. I guess that explains it.

newbeing

newbeing

yeah that review didnt' sound all too positive. What's the 95% suppose to mean then. The % of the game that's done?

Snoopy the cat

Quote from: newbeing on Feb 09, 2010, 01:48:03 AM
yeah that review didnt' sound all too positive. What's the 95% suppose to mean then. The % of the game that's done?

It might be. The name of the paragraph with 95% is: Будем ждать? - Let's wait?

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Snoopy the cat on Feb 09, 2010, 01:57:20 AM
Quote from: newbeing on Feb 09, 2010, 01:48:03 AM

It might be. The name of the paragraph with 95% is: Будем ждать? - Let's wait?

Yup, готовности means "readiness".

newbeing

newbeing

hmm well that's disappointing  :-[

dude63

dude63

This isn't a review or anything but I guess its a pdate on promo work. I recenlty just watched ufc 109. AVP was the sole sponsor material in the broadcast. Every fight it was mentioned, between fights it was mentioned. Footage of the game was also shown. Also, when the main event came aroun Bruce Buffer (announcer) announced it to the 16,000 + crowd. GREAT promo work done by SEGA. Spreading the word.

DarthJones

DarthJones

The guy who reviewed over at GI, looks like he's never seen any of the movies before. He complains about stuff that's from the movie like the radar tracker & the Predator being stealthy!!!

dude63

dude63

^ Don't forget aliens being able to crawl on walls!

DarthJones

DarthJones

It should be mandatory that game reviewers who are reviewing games based on licenses have a knowledge of the source material.

dude63

dude63

Quote from: DarthJones on Feb 09, 2010, 03:31:55 AM
It should be mandatory that game reviewers who are reviewing games based on licenses have a knowledge of the source material.

It "should" be. However it seems they thought giving it to the Driving sim guy was a good thing!

newbeing

newbeing

Well to be fair any tom, dick or joe should be able to pick up this game and enjoy it without previous knowledge of the films. I'm suspecting that those who are in love with the licenses will enjoy this game, while those who do not might like certain aspects, but won't dig it as a whole. Who knows.

dude63

dude63

^ Very true. However as a journalist you would think they would have some knowledge oft he source material before handling the review. Complaining about subtle things that are in the movies and in previous games is retarded in itself. If it was a regular joe then fine so be it. However, as a journalist and the medium at whci hGI is..its very unprofessional.

First Blood

First Blood

Usually in the beginning of the GI book, it gives a rundown of the reviewers and there speciality games. Does anyone know what types of games it mentions this guy plays?

dude63

dude63

Not to take anthing away from the guy. However, I wouldn't be surprised if his specialty was Music games.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I guess Ben does'nt do too many reviews for GameInformer, the only one that was in the December issue was for Star Wars: Battlefront Elite Squadron...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed