The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 327,912 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: affinity on Feb 07, 2010, 08:11:33 PM
GI is an insignficant source to form an opinion anyways.    Only the minority depend on mag/site reviews to buy a game.  AVP can very well be successful, make sales and have its own great online community.

Look at Dead Space.   GI scored it pretty low, but that didn't stop the game from making so much money that it convinced EA to make a sequel.

OXM scored Dead Space 6.5, the only review for Dead Space nearly that low.  The reviewer was bashed endlessly on OXM's site.

Sylizar

Sylizar

It's because many gamers are finally realizing they can form their own opinions.

newbeing

newbeing

Ugh badly written review. Predators using stealth, aliens walking on walls? Good thing he didn't review Halo. Soldiers using guns! That's insane!

From the lack of clear info given in this review it sounds like this guy was dumped by his girlfriend and took out all his anger on this game.

Whether he is right or not it's a badly written review.

Xhan

Xhan

It's also smaller than GI has done in the past... hmm.

Bug Hunt

Bug Hunt

I cant believe this at all. The review is a travesty.
Did this guy even play the game or what?! I mean he suggests its a bad thing that there are 'too many' xenomorph encounters in the marine campaign which made me lol so much (the more aliens the better). He says the predator relies to much on stealth (which is the point of the predator) and the alien climbs the walls (also the point of being an alien) which to him was confusing. It gets better he goes on to say the combat is bad (clearly this guy is just s**t at playing this game) and that the marines motion sensor is pointless and ruins tension. The most tense moment of 'Aliens' was the hive scene with the motion tracker going off like crazy, i mean wtf is this jerk on about. He barely even touches on the multiplayer aspects of the game at all. I hope no one pays attention to this review, the general gaming public will see it and assume this game is a failure especially given Shellshock 2 and Rogue Warriors poor reviews which are nothing like this game based on what I have played in the demo. AVP for the win!

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

The people commenting underneath the review certainly took it seriously.  :(

Bug Hunt

Bug Hunt

Quote from: TJ Doc on Feb 07, 2010, 10:50:25 PM

They sir are clearly morons for believing it. Besides if they dont get the game its their loss and you wouldnt want to be playing online with people who are gullible enough to believe a review as stupid as that anyway.

dude63

dude63

Quote from: Giger_Incubator on Feb 07, 2010, 07:19:58 PM

This Halo and MW2 bashing has got to stop. They're both pretty amazing games.  Not the best out there, but the blockbusters of this industry that actually turned out good.

Uh, well mw2 and halo does have a pretty ignorant fanbase. Sniper Eliete (another rebellio game) is constantly being flamed on youtube by cod fanboys comming in and saying cod is better. I agree that the games ae blockbusters. However"imho" both of them are overrated. I don't like the cod games never will. I get bored too much with them. My friends act like they are god made..however, no. My one friend who plays cod all the time He complained about battlefields online by saying they don't let you pick your weapon. It is too big and the auto injector is stupid and you die because you forget to pull it out.

I pick up bfbc and currently enjoying the heck out of it. The point of them game is too understand each class and use them to the situation your in. When I play I think back to what he says. I think "wow, sorry it doesn't kiss your a@#$% liek cod does and you actually have to think strategically". Perfect example of something going out of someonesb utter zone (cod) and trying something new...it blows. It is just opinions..but come on..it gets too much at times.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Quote from: To The Death on Feb 07, 2010, 10:54:15 PM

They sir are clearly morons for believing it. Besides if they dont get the game its their loss and you wouldnt want to be playing online with people who are gullible enough to believe a review as stupid as that anyway.

And that is the silver lining!  ;D

ikarop

ikarop

TheGuardian.co.uk hands on preview here.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: TJ Doc on Feb 07, 2010, 10:56:05 PM
Quote from: To The Death on Feb 07, 2010, 10:54:15 PM

And that is the silver lining!  ;D

The review is not up on GameInformer's page yet, if you are talking the profile of the reviewer, the majority of comments are bashing the review and the reviewer.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 07, 2010, 11:14:14 PM

Nice review, great read. This chap knows what he's talking about -- comments on the authentic sounds, some quick bashing of the movies...  :D

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 07, 2010, 11:14:14 PM

The Guardian is getting into this? Wow...

Quote from: RidgeTop on Feb 07, 2010, 11:17:06 PM
The review is not up on GameInformer's page yet, if you are talking the profile of the reviewer, the majority of comments are bashing the review and the reviewer.

Nah, I was referring to a different site featuring that same review (somebody posted a link in another thread). Sorry, got them mixed up.

DrHobo

DrHobo

I thought Assassin's Creed deserved a 7. It was boring after a while and repetative. The combat system was lousy (look at Batman AA for a good example) and the overall quests and story didn't deliver.

But if you like the setting and are a fan of "Jump and Runs" then you could add 1.5 Points to the score ;) It's all about tastes.

Sylizar

Sylizar

On a side note, with all the people bashing COD fans, I agree, many are assholes. But I have a friend who only plays MW2, and I got him to try AvP. He thought it was pretty cool. He probably won't buy it, but still.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed