The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 327,804 times)

ikarop

ikarop

New Hands-on preview at Gamersdailynews.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Quote from: ikarop on Jan 18, 2010, 11:59:41 AM
New Hands--on preview at Gamersdailynews.

Nice, be great when we start getting some PC previews.

Brother

Brother

QuoteOne mildly irritating thing about humans is the fact that they can't jump really. I couldn't even climb on top of a small toolbox. I don't know that a well-trained marine should have less than 6 inches of vertical even with his gear and guns. That certainly needs to be fixed.

Really?

AJL

AJL

Quote from: ikarop on Jan 18, 2010, 11:59:41 AM
New Hands--on preview at Gamersdailynews.

"One mildly irritating thing about humans is the fact that they can't jump really. I couldn't even climb on top of a small toolbox. I don't know that a well-trained marine should have less than 6 inches of vertical even with his gear and guns. That certainly needs to be fixed."

6 inches = ~ 15cm ?

Can't get over 15 cm obstacle... ? can they walk up stairs ? ;D

skull-splitter

Yay for over-simplyfied gameplay: back to 1996.

Dajanksta

Dajanksta

lol that guy is like "for some reason the aliens can see through your cloak" lol
and ya the marines can try and jump to get on a box meanwhile a xenomorph is bullrushing them and about to headbite. pay attention to your back and don't jump on boxes ppl!!!

Puks

Puks

No crouching and no jumping for the marine?

That sux big time.  :-\

ajm

ajm

Before this gets out of hand:

The Marine player can jump. 

He can also climb onto the top of low (up to 1.5m) objects.  No idea why the guy previewing the game found otherwise.

And a more positive bit from page two:

QuoteThe game is truly shaping up to be a shining example of the FPS genre and with such great properties and characters (Xenomorphs and Predators) it's not at all surprising. Rebellion seems to be doing an awesome job.

Dajanksta

Dajanksta

Quote from: Puks on Jan 18, 2010, 02:00:32 PM
No crouching and no jumping for the marine?

That sux big time.  :-\

yea I gotta agree that's kind of strange what the fudge are all the buttons for the marines going to be for?

AJL

AJL

There is Jump button...

Quote from: ajm on Jan 18, 2010, 02:02:20 PM
He can also climb onto the top of low (up to 1.5m) objects.  No idea why the guy previewing the game found otherwise.

Ooh! They implemented the climb function :o Thats great!

yaji

yaji

You just dont "need" to jump higher than 15 cm... Damn it...

Dajanksta

Dajanksta

Quote from: AJL on Jan 18, 2010, 02:03:44 PM

There is Jump button...

Well fudge why do all these guys get to review this game when they don't know half the  crap about it?
this guy didn't know you could jump and he doesn't know how the aliens can see through your cloak. lol

Ghost Rider LSOV

Quote from: Dajanksta on Jan 18, 2010, 02:05:19 PM

There is Jump button...

Well fudge why do all these guys get to review this game when they don't know half the  crap about it?
this guy didn't know you could jump and he doesn't know how the aliens can see through your cloak. lol

Yeah, it's like they never played AvP1-2.
I guess they didn't.  :P (about the alien seeing through cloak part)

Brother

Brother

Hicks said that there is jumping.

Another reviewer did a good job.

safetyman

safetyman

Quote from: Dajanksta on Jan 18, 2010, 02:05:19 PM

There is Jump button...

This is exactly what is wrong with game reviews and previews these days, people just write what actually happens in the game storywise and nothing about how the game plays or exactly what weapons you come across, you know, anything useful. Always rehashed information that anyone who has kept up even a little with the game already knows, making 2-3 paragraphs worth reading out of 10, and even so, incredibly general and poorly explained information.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed