The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 327,763 times)

affinity

affinity

Quote from: ikarop on Jan 10, 2010, 12:05:37 AM
Quote from: Brother on Jan 05, 2010, 10:44:03 AM
I don't think so Chris, Ikarop would've mentioned something. And 18 maps sounds good.

Sorry I didn't mention it before. I had to be sure it was OK to say it.

The article is wrong, it mixed up with the max amount of players in the multiplayer. The game comes with 8 multiplayer maps, you can get 4 more via DLC.

12 maps with 18 players support  !!!! YES!!!!  that is great news!   sure beats Uncharted 2's 7 tiny maps with only 10 player limit.

Brother

Brother

8 is better than 7. 18 sounded too good to be true, let's hope we reach that number and go far beyond it in the future.

AMC_Duke

AMC_Duke

8 maps ?  are the survivor mode  maps saperate or does they count in the multiplayer maps ?  ???

Brother

Brother

Probably the same.

Inferno

Inferno

http://www.truegameheadz.com/blogheadz/aliens-vs-predator-multiplayer-preview-aliens-ftw/

trophy kills for all 3 species? false...

even though i did suggest that the marine should have a curbstomp...

Chris!(($$))!

I think these articles might be getting trophy kills mixed up with melee attacks.

Brother

Brother

Yes, this was explained  when the article was first posted.

ikarop

ikarop

Exactly. Please look at the answers on the previous pages.

skull-splitter

8 maps? seriously? Eight, quake-arena-type maps? C'est tout?

I mean, I'm all for singleplayer games, but wasn't Rebellion bragging about their MP component of the game?

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jan 11, 2010, 04:18:25 PM
8 maps? seriously? Eight, quake-arena-type maps? C'est tout?

I mean, I'm all for singleplayer games, but wasn't Rebellion bragging about their MP component of the game?

12 if you count the exclusives..

affinity

affinity

Everyone who wants the complete experience owes it to themselves to get the special editions for the extra maps raising it to 12 maps.

unlike games like Uncharted 2, THE OPTION TO HAVE MORE MAPS IS THERE.   You just have to do your part and not be cheap with your money.  Everyone has all this time to save money, so they have no excuse.

With the 8 maps on the disk, I think Rebellion may have put extra effort to have all of them support every single mode in the multiplayer.   I would be surprised if co-op isn't supported in all of them.

Brother

Brother

Quote from: affinity on Jan 11, 2010, 07:11:00 PM
Everyone who wants the complete experience owes it to themselves to get the special editions for the extra maps raising it to 12 maps.

unlike games like Uncharted 2, THE OPTION TO HAVE MORE MAPS IS THERE.   You just have to do your part and not be cheap with your money.  Everyone has all this time to save money, so they have no excuse.

With the 8 maps on the disk, I think Rebellion may have put extra effort to have all of them support every single mode in the multiplayer.   I would be surprised if co-op isn't supported in all of them.

bwahahahah ahahah

hahahahha

safetyman

safetyman

Yeah... I guess you don't realize this, so I'll make it real simple for you. Any intelligent person would never pay money just to get extra maps in this manner. It's feeding a habit makes developers think they can be bloodsuckers in every sense of the word.

Not for me.

Giger_Incubator

Quote from: safetyman on Jan 11, 2010, 08:36:54 PM

Yeah... I guess you don't realize this, so I'll make it real simple for you. Any intelligent person would never pay money just to get extra maps in this manner. It's feeding a habit makes developers think they can be bloodsuckers in every sense of the word.

Not for me.

Thats BS.  Its all about the needs and wants of the consumer.  If this were some game I was kinda interested in, then no way.  Thing is, I've waited a long time for this game and will of course pay for extra maps as soon as possible. 

Also anyone saying DLC down the line is unfair is retarded.  Thats paying incentives to the Developers to keep a community based around a game alive for a longer period of time.

I do understand people having a problem with DLC right off the bat, but thats your problem.  I want the content.  You don't like the idea, don't buy it.

safetyman

safetyman

It's not even DLC, it's maps packed with one version of the game while the normal version gets shafted and they claim they are all about the multiplayer experience.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed