The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 326,527 times)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Perhaps it's just me, but it looks like the Marines are the best damage-dealers in this game.

They're also the least efficient and most vulnerable, which are the hurdles you must overcome.

affinity

affinity

I dunno about best damage dealers, unless the distance is far enough, and your aim is good enough, a charging alien can kill the Marine 4 out of 5 times.  same with Predator.  Also, Predators have the advantage of stealth.  so yeah Marines have the firepower, but their limited mobility and vunerabilities balance things out.

I think the best Aliens players and best team of aliens will probably have the most success in multiplayer.

Overall I think it will be very balanced, only those that fight solo, and not really like a smart survivor, will complain the game is unbalanced because they can't be unbeatable like Rambo.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Just because Marines have bullet spread and the other species have good stealth doesn't change the fact that the Marines have the highest damage potential.

The trick is learning to harness that most efficiently.

affinity

affinity

yeah but unless you can detect and hit/kill your target first, it won't mean much.

Xeno dude

Xeno dude

Looks like the humans have finishing moves as well:

"Yeah, the trophy kills... they're amazing. All three species have them, and if you can get up close enough to another player on the board, and hit X they're in for a big surprise. Each species' trophies kills were created with their specific physical characteristics and weaponry in mind, making them different no matter what you play as."

Corporal Hicks

They don't.

Shadow_Riddick

only Aliens and Predators have trophy kills  ;)

dude63

dude63

Quote from: affinity on Jan 06, 2010, 01:27:36 PM
Marines tier-wise are going to be the worst of the 3 species.   a counter block skill isn't gonna save them all the time.

Exactly, my point in a nutshell. Just because you have it doesn't mean its a life saver. Yea marines don't have trophy kills. I remember someone asking on the gs forums if it would be possible for them to sneak up on a pred or alien. Im like..uhmm..let me think..no. Pred maybe..but alien definetly not.

As for marine counters. For a Alien it doesn't make sense to have a "counter" however at least a kick off if a Alien grabs you is efficient and welcome in my eyes. If a Alien lunges at you you shouldn't be able to melee it off..pred is different for alien no. Itsn ot game breaking though to me..personally not a big deal at least for me. Its just balance..and it doesn't mean having a so called counter will always work. The combat melee is a awesome thing for this game and they are using eveyr chance ot make it work. The Marine is still vulnerable..but..it has the firepower.

Puks, I agre quci ktime events are a console thing. However there have been awesome quick time events. God of war did it awesome like. Now its everywhere. When you say stealth kills, trophy kills, or whatever are a console thing..thats..not right.

Brother

Brother

The one-button-executions might be a console thing, however the stealth/trophy kills are just expressing the creatures cruelty and way of killing.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Quote from: Brother on Jan 06, 2010, 09:13:41 PM
The one-button-executions might be a console thing, however the stealth/trophy kills are just expressing the creatures cruelty and way of killing.

Aliens are beyond morality, good and evil... for them it's all about survival. On the other hand, Predators essentially are as bastards as bad asses.. lol. :D

Chris!(($$))!

Well me and from what I have read quite a few other fans AND Ridley Scott believe that the Xenos were either used strictly as killing machines or created as killing machines so swift fast, NON brutal kills would make sense.
A simple claw slash across the throat, a tail stab directly to the heart and a fast as lightning head bite. Thats what I want for Xeno Trophy Kills.

Giger_Incubator

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Jan 07, 2010, 12:17:17 AM
Well me and from what I have read quite a few other fans AND Ridley Scott believe that the Xenos were either used strictly as killing machines or created as killing machines so swift fast, NON brutal kills would make sense.
A simple claw slash across the throat, a tail stab directly to the heart and a fast as lightning head bite. Thats what I want for Xeno Trophy Kills.

From the looks of it so far, that seems like what they are going for with the Alien's Trophy kills. 

The only thing I disagree with that particular theory is we've seen Aliens in a bunch of situations where they take their time and play with their prey.

l3awl3ag

l3awl3ag

I think they played with their victims in every one of the movies. Other than the inner-mouth punches I can't think of a single kill that was even remotely quick. The one in Alien 3 was probably the worst for that, it was just eating people without even bothering to kill them first most of the time lol.

ikarop

ikarop

Another preview at PC GAMER Magazine. Hopefully someone can get a look at it

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Giger_Incubator on Jan 07, 2010, 01:17:16 AM
Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Jan 07, 2010, 12:17:17 AM

From the looks of it so far, that seems like what they are going for with the Alien's Trophy kills. 

The only thing I disagree with that particular theory is we've seen Aliens in a bunch of situations where they take their time and play with their prey.

You are right and this is how I see it,
The Alien in ALIEN was studying the humans, perhaps because the two species have not encountered recently.
In ALIENS most of the kills were one move kills like I said. When Ferro was kill the Xeno sliced her throat it seemed.
In ALIEN 3 you could say "Spike" was much more aggressive and I think the film makers for that movie intended on him being like that.
In A:R the Xenos could have been f**ked up in any which way because of the cloning.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed