The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 326,515 times)

affinity

affinity

Quote from: predalien27 on Dec 19, 2009, 11:26:14 PM
Quote from: affinity on Dec 19, 2009, 06:12:51 PM
Marines should have the option to turn off the HUD minus the motion tracker.  That health bar looks really tacked on.  and white is a really distracting color. 

it's like your playing the game through photoshop or something.

I like how it looks.  It looks like you are watching the marine's video connection, except that it is more advanced than in Aliens hence being 30 years later.

the font looked more bluish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kmTNObny3k

Besides why such a huge health bar? aliens and predators are gonna kill marines in one or two hits anyways.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Canonically, yeah.

But for the sake of a playable game, you probably have a certain amount of resilience against both.

l3awl3ag

l3awl3ag

Quote from: MadassAlex on Dec 20, 2009, 12:03:45 AM
Canonically, yeah.

But for the sake of a playable game, you probably have a certain amount of resilience against both.
Online it looks like it takes a good 5-7 claw attacks from the alien to kill a marine. It will probably take more in single player too.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Did we actually see footage of an Alien attacking a Marine without stealth-killing him?  :D

Predators seem to take three 'normal' attacks to take down. I don't believe Marines will take five to seven. The prediction is two hits. The damage you inflict is likely to be consistent across multiplayer and singleplayer to a certain degree, so while enemies look like they'll be quite vulnerable... the same applies to you.

Huol

Huol

Do arms and legs come off if you claw them?

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Dunno. I'd assume 'yes'.

affinity

affinity

so what there's gonna be Health packs in the maps or something?

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: Huol on Dec 20, 2009, 12:27:54 AM
Do arms and legs come off if you claw them?
Quote from: MadassAlex on Dec 20, 2009, 12:29:17 AM
Dunno. I'd assume 'yes'.
I'd rather see claw slash marks than limbs fall off

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

I'd like to see dismemberment into this game. And if you will, a couple of settings to switch on/off the most gore part of the game. The later for those who complain on it; which is obviously not my case.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: affinity on Dec 20, 2009, 12:32:11 AM
so what there's gonna be Health packs in the maps or something?

From what I saw it looks like you start off with an amount of drugs or shots sort of like Bad Company but if you run out you have to resupply from other things that look like ammo crates.

affinity

affinity

oh okay.  hmmm so they are like mini medics. 

OH YEAH!   ANY WORD IF PREDATORS STILL HAVE THEIR MEDICAL KIT? 
That is really important considering they are good at healing themselves with medical tools
from the cosmos.

kvon17

kvon17

Quote from: affinity on Dec 21, 2009, 02:04:26 AM
oh okay.  hmmm so they are like mini medics. 

OH YEAH!   ANY WORD IF PREDATORS STILL HAVE THEIR MEDICAL KIT? 
That is really important considering they are good at healing themselves with medical tools
from the cosmos.

We've seen it in videos.

Chris!(($$))!

Yeh. Though they look a lot different. They look like 2 big sharp crystals you stab yourself with.

kvon17

kvon17

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Dec 21, 2009, 03:01:00 AM
Yeh. Though they look a lot different. They look like 2 big sharp crystals you stab yourself with.

Not much different than AvP2's.

Chris!(($$))!

A lot different than in the movies in which it was only the blue liquid that the Preds used. Then again maybe they just put that liquid all over what they are using in this game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed