The Reviews/interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Nov 27, 2009, 04:10:45 PM

Author
The Reviews/interviews Thread (Read 327,784 times)

Brother

Brother

One thing I don't like there are the red lines all over your screen. The bar on the bottom has to be there and the one on the right should only appear when you are identifying your victim - species, weapons etc.

l3awl3ag

l3awl3ag

I'm not really a fan of intrusive huds myself either. But I always find that they sort of fade into the background after a while, so it's not a massive problem for me.

Plus I think it suits the predator in a way, he is wearing a mask after all. His vision would probably be a little restricted anyway.

I

Brother

Brother

It can be restricted with blurring the environment, distorted vision in some specific situations etc. Those lines will get annoying.

You will find some people thinking their vision should be perfect with the mask.

Huol

Huol

Hopefully there'll be an option to change the transparency.

predalien27

predalien27

Haha I actually like complex huds!  :D

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Huol on Dec 18, 2009, 09:39:05 PM

YES! Thats a good idea.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Dec 19, 2009, 01:06:43 AM
Quote from: Huol on Dec 18, 2009, 09:39:05 PM

YES! Thats a good idea.

Indeed ! :)

Quote from: The_Silencer on Dec 10, 2009, 01:23:12 AM
Maybe the guys at Rebellion have got the next suggestion implemented already. I'd really like to have a couple of controls to turning off/on the hud and to raise / lower the transparency level of the hud's items.

For instance, the jumping points for the Predator do look cool to me but perhaps these do look too "solid", IMO. That's a matter of tastes though.

Another benefit of this would be to mostly have the screen clean of items in order to frapping promo mini-movies and so on. Just an idea tho. What you think on this?

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Quote from: ikarop on Dec 18, 2009, 02:09:30 AM
Blurry gore for you then.

And how not; big thanks to Ikarop for that couple of anticipated shots! ;)

PS: I think the guy being caught and looking into the eye is thinking.. " I'm gonna respawn and screw you well; damn you!" .. or something :D

Brother

Brother

It's SP. "I'm gonna f*** you up next time you play this campaign"

ikarop

ikarop

New preview at Geek.com. Also a couple of already seen but untagged HQ screens there.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Cool to see how everyone is spreading the word around ! ;)

Quote from: Brother on Dec 19, 2009, 10:17:39 AM
It's SP. "I'm gonna f*** you up next time you play this campaign"

Yep, that fits much better then; but only in case you do not get your self killed during the entire campaign though :D

affinity

affinity

Marines should have the option to turn off the HUD minus the motion tracker.  That health bar looks really tacked on.  and white is a really distracting color. 

it's like your playing the game through photoshop or something.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: affinity on Dec 19, 2009, 06:12:51 PM
Marines should have the option to turn off the HUD minus the motion tracker.  That health bar looks really tacked on.  and white is a really distracting color. 

Yah thats what I was thinking too. The entire HUD should be recolored Blue since Predator has Red and Aliens have Green. And then it should be faded away a bit more to be less distracting.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

And if possible, implement a console command, or a setting in the config if you will, to completely switch off the game's GUI, so we, the fans, can record "clean" ingame videos for the general public's pleasure :)

predalien27

predalien27

Quote from: affinity on Dec 19, 2009, 06:12:51 PM

I like how it looks.  It looks like you are watching the marine's video connection, except that it is more advanced than in Aliens hence being 30 years later.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed